12

Lavender

"Cancel all meetings today," I say into the phone

"I don't know if that's wise," Caleb says back

"I don't wanna go in today," I groan

It's the following Monday, Taylor's album gets released today, and I don't want to face her. Not after everything, not after landing face-first into her body. Hee busy that's changed since we were children.

"I'll swing by and get us breakfast," he tries to lighten the mood

"And mimosas," I push

"No, lav," he hangs up the phone.

I sigh and sit on the edge of my bed. Never in a million years would I picture myself recording her music videos- nor would I be reading her journal. I know it's wrong of me to keep it, but that selfish part of me needs to continue reading. I need to see what else is said.

My feelings towards her haven't changed as I still feel resentment, but at the same time, my heart wants to believe the words I read in the book. Today wouldn't be too busy- Taylor most likely won't shoot today as she's heading press with Tree, and so I mostly have office work to catch up on.

  I fight the urge to get back into bed as I stand up and stretch, my joints popping and stretching in protest. What I needed was a deep tissue massage. I head into the bathroom and get ready for the day. I kept everything comfortable as I had no meetings.

Once I arrived at the office, Eric was already there.

" your food is in your office. I see you're slumming it today," he says, walking beside me as we make our way to my office.

"Yeah, I'm exhausted today," I sigh

"Don't take it too hard. We'd miss you if you're gone," he laughs

"Oh, haha," I snark back

Sure he would

I enter my office to see a paper bag and a cup of orange juice. Thank the heavens that he got mimosas- honestly, what I needed.

"Thank goodness," I hummed and sat down.

I pushed up the cup and took a large sip before furrowing my eyebrows.

"Caleb," I groan, setting the cup back down

" no drink. I got on the job." he laughs and sits down across from me

"So now I get plain orange juice," I sigh

"Exactly," he smiles

"Get out." I sit up and open the bag of food.

He brought me my favorite- Potatoes. But not just any potatoes. I love those breakfast ones that you can put hot sauce on or ketchup.

I close my eyes as I eat in silence. Caleb was still sitting across from me, but my body was still so drained that I couldn't care. It's just a side effect of having diabetes. My phone rings, and I click 'accept' to administer a dose of insulin. I love my life.

A knock on the door startles me out of my daze, and Caleb stands up to open it. Immediately, I see a massive vase with flowers, and I furrow my brow. Why were there flowers? Caleb briefly talks to the man at the door and thanks him before shutting it again.

"These are for you," he says, setting the flowers before me.

They are breathtaking blues and yellow roses and a few other flowers mixed in. I glance at the small card attached on top before grabbing and unfolding it.