1

L pov:

    This is the story of us, where we have been, and where we are today. No one quite likes it- considering it's about Taylor Swift. I sometimes consider myself lucky that she chose me after all these years.

Then again, I'm not surprised, given our history together. You see, Taylor and I grew up in West Reading, Pennsylvania. We met in first grade, and I remember the day I got onto the bullies from harassing her.

1st grade 1995- Alvernia Montessori School

"Look at you, and nobody likes you," Beatrice sneers at Taylor

"Yeah, your hair is ugly." Caleb laughed and lifted the scissors to Taylor's hair.

Usually, I never intervened with bullies- mostly because I would be bullied, but I couldn't stand to see Taylor take it another time.

"Hey, stop being mean," I yelled and stomped my way across the wood chips to them.

They looked slightly shocked that somebody was stopping or trying to stop them.

"Buzz off," Caleb clipped

"No, leave her alone," I said, pushing my way in between Taylor and the bullies.

They looked mad more than anything, and nobody ever stood up to them.

"Fuck off," Beatris cursed, taking a step toward me

"I won't repeat it," I said, standing my ground

Caleb lurches forward, grabbing at my hair, while Beatris grabs my wrist, yanking me to the floor. The scissors in his hand suddenly became a weapon, and I felt Taylor on my back, trying to pull me out of their grip.

"Let her go," Taylor shrieked

How they got sizzles on the playground was beyond me, but it was how I ended up with a nasty wound on my cheek, which turned into a scar.

Caleb cut a chunk of my strawberry blond hair off, and in the process, he accidentally hit my cheek. Blood came pouring down my face, and we all froze in shock.

"Shit, Caleb," Beatriz freaked out

They mustn't meant to have drawn blood- yet they did.

"Oh no," Taylor cried and grabbed my face- smearing the blood all over her hands

"I'm ok," I said as my stomach clenched

"Help!" Taylor screamed out

I saw the tears form in her eyes, and suddenly, we were surrounded by other kids trying to catch a glimpse of what was happening.

Once the teachers were involved, it was wrapped up. I was taken to the emergency room while Beatrice and Caleb were born to the principal's office with Taylor. She was the only person there who saw that happen, so they would probably question her. They did.

The rest of that day went pretty well, I got stitched up, and Taylor became my best friend.

She came over later that day with her parents to check on me.

"Oh, Andrea, Scott, please come in," my mother cooed

She was a suck-up to any social interactions. My father left when I was one month old- a deadbeat.

"Please sit down. Would you like any tea or coffee? Juice Taylor? " my mom asked

Taylor?

She was here?

I slipped out of bed and dashed down the steps loudly.

"Taylor? " I asked

"Lavender James, get your ass back into the bed," my mom yelled from the kitchen

"Can Taylor come?" I asked

"Yes"

I finished pounding down the steps and skidded to a halt into the living room. Taylor and her parents sat on the couch. She had a red headband pushing her blonde curls back, and she wore a red sparkly top with black leggings.

"Come on." I smiled snatched her hand up, and pulled her up the stairs

"Claire, we are incredibly sorry, " I cut them out. I didn't want to hear their adult conversations that day.

"Are you okay?" Taylor asked once we reached my room. I plopped onto the considerable bean bag and patted the spot next to me.

"Yeah, I'll be good. I got a super cool haircut tomorrow. " I smirked

Taylor slowly made her way over and sat on the edge of the bean bag.

"So you are not mad at me?" She asked quietly

"What?" I sat up to see her face. "Why would I be mad?" I was confused

"Because they hurt you for stopping them from hurting me," she whispered

"No, Taylor Swift, I am not mad- you are my friend," I said, smiling and bumping her shoulder

She smiled and looked at me, her eyes flickering to the bandage that covered my cheek.

"Here, wanna color," I asked, jumping and grabbing the supplies off my desk.

"Sure," Taylor said with a smile

We colored for a little, and by the time we finished, Taylor's parents called for her to leave.

"Here, you can keep this," she said, handing me the colored paper of the unicorn.

"Thanks, it's beautiful," I gushed and taped it next to my desk.

"Here's mine- we can trade like besties." I smiled and handed her the photo of a cat I had colored

"Okay, we'll see you later, lavender." Taylor smiled and walked down the stairs.

That's the day we became best friends, we've been inseparable since. Taylor and I would do everything together, from going to the mall to talking about cute boys and those mean bullies. They learned to leave her alone, especially since I was the one they had to deal with.

  Taylor is my everything, and this is just the beginning of our story.