View From the Top

Enjoy :)

What has felt like weeks have gone by since we raided Brimfords hideout, and we are still set on food.

In that time, everyone's changed a little bit. Kenji started, "Growing a beard,". Sammy's hair almost reaches her shoulders, and Brooklynns hair dye is fading at the roots. And Yaz is even nicer.

The cut on Dariu's face has healed but scarred. He said he dislikes it, but he'll get used to it.

But me? I have no clue what happened. Maybe I did something in my life to deserve this.

First, a compy stole the shoelace to my left shoe. I'm literally using my jacket string as a replacement. Second, my skin is breaking out due to the lack of luxurious skin care.

Kenji and Sammy were laughing and splashing sea water at each other while Yasmina and Brooklynn took charge of the vines.

The raft we made was small but big enough, made of sturdy pieces of wood, water jugs, and coolers. But it worked, and it was gonna get us to Costa Rica.

"Goodbye, Jurassic World." Darius stood up, and we all watched as the island got further away.

Bumpy and Bowser leaped onto some rocks and called out for us, and it hurt like a dagger to the heart. Bowser even ran into the water to try and chase after me but stopped once the water reached his chin.

Ben walked over and stood next to me.

"Goodbye, Bumpy." His tone was sad, Darius put a hand on his shoulder as we watched the dinos try and get to us.

I stood up and cupped my hands around my mouth.

"I love you, Bowser! Never forget me!" I shouted, and he bellowed back.

Bowser paced the water before retreating back to land with Bumpy.

Kenji started laughing.

"SEE YA NEVER, STUPID DINO ISLAND!" He yelled, dramatically gesturing with his hands.

"You thought you could eat us? No way! You thought you could stomp on us? Think again!" He continued, and Sammy punched him in the arm playfully.

"Yeah! You thought you could crush our spirits? Please," She joked, and they did a best friend handshake. OUR best friend handshake.

"To be fair, the island did crush my spirit. But then, I defeated Toro." Ben added, and Yasmina grumbled.

"Not again." She face palmed and glared back at Ben. He just frowned.

"Well, Y/n likes it when I tell it." Ben said and rubbed his arm.

"When did I ever-" My sentence was cut short when continuous waves rocked us. I clung to the edge, having second thoughts about sitting so close to the edge of the raft.

"Um... Guys!" Brooklynn shouted, and we all knew what that meant. A little hint, nothing good. It never is. I turned around, and there was a huge wave coming at us.

"Everyone, secure the vines!" Brooklynn grabbed a vine and pulled on it, I did the same, trying to steer the sail.

"How?!" Yasmina helped Kenji up back onto his feet.

"Ah- I don't know, pull on them?"

"You said you had raft experience!" Yasmina argued.

"I said some raft experience. SOME!" Brooklynn continued trying to "secure the vines" as the wave only got bigger and closer.

"The winds strong, if we can just power through -" Our last hope came untied and flew away.

I braced for impact by holding to what was the sail pole like a sloth as the wave flipped us over.