23 | it was never easy

♫ Music Playing ♫
In For It
by Tory Lanez, RL Grime

Jennie looked at Jisoo's shocked state and was worried. It wasn't easy for her to tell Jisoo about her accident in Australia that she almost lost her life but there's no other option. Jennie doesn't want to break up with Jisoo again it's gonna kill her mentally.

The two years are already enough for her and imagining her life without Jisoo again is like stabbing her heart a hundred times. Without Jisoo in her life, there is no life at all.

"Jen?" Jeongyeon walks to the kitchen where Jennie is.

Lifting her head and raising her eyebrows Jennie looks at Jeongyeon, "Yes?"

"Seul is explaining everything to Sooya so don't worry, Jen. Sooya is smart and knows what to do." Jeongyeon said to Jennie giving her a comforting smile.

Jennie nodded her head to Jeongyeon a little smile formed on her lips. She is hoping for Jisoo to give them a third chance. She can't live another day without Jisoo by her side.

"Thank you, Yeon!" Jennie said to Jeongyeon standing on the other side of the table

They looked at the two women talking seriously in the living room.

"It's nothing, Jen. We are more thankful for you." Jeongyeon said looking at Jennie's direction.

Jennie knitted her eyebrows together, "Why?"

"Because you never left her side since the day she got into an accident." Jeongyeon said looking back to her best friend she continued talking, "Sooya must know how much you truly love her. Even after two years of separation, you choose to be single and we never understand why. You cheated on her for a year and you now have the freedom to be with anyone you want but you choose to focus on yourself and your career."

Jennie looks at Jeongyeon's side profile, "I choose to be single because I wanted to prove to myself that I'm not the Jennie Kim that Chu chose to leave because I cheated on her without a clearer future for myself. I needed to fix myself for her so when she comes back I can say that I changed for the better. That I can be more than Jennie she's been with for ten years with nothing. To Jennie who has a clearer future and is still loving her more."

Jeongyeon looks at Jennie with mouth agape, "Wow, Jennie Kim version 2.0 from Jennie Kim version 0.0."

Jennie laughed lightly, "You've never changed, Yeon. You're still the same as before thank you."

Jeongyeon smiles at her, "Just happy with your growth development, Jen. Even though Sooya and you are not together that time."

"There's a saying, not till we are lost, in other words, not till we have lost the world, do we begin to find ourselves," Jennie said looking at Jisoo's pretty face with a worriedness.

Jeongyeon noticed Jennie's long face, "Don't worry, Jen. Everything will still be the same you know her more better than us."

Jennie looks at Jeongyeon giving her a forced smile. Jeongyeon noticed but didn't mind as she gave her an encouraging smile.

Seulgi stands on the sofa and gives Jisoo a hand on her shoulder, "I'm leaving with Yeon. I think it's time for you and Jen to talk. You know the best thing to do, Sooya."

Jisoo looked up at Seulgi and nodded her head. She looks at where Jennie is and gives her a light smile which the cat-eyed girl returns with a timid smile.

She can feel how frightened Jennie is knowing the second chance they had turned to lies again.

Seulgi looks at the kitchen calling for her other best friend's attention, "Yeon, let's go we have many things to do in bed with our wives."