18 | a life with you

♫ Music Playing ♫
ONLY by LeeHi

"She can be discharged from the hospital. The CT Scan is cleared. We'll monitor her regarding her memory loss." Doctor Thompson said to Yea-ji and Jennie. "Don't make her come back to work yet. She needs a little rest it might trigger her again."

"Thank you, Doctor Thompson." Yea-ji stands up as she reaches out her hands to Doctor Thompson which he grabs and shakes it. "I'll surely call you back when Jisoo remembers something from the past."

Jennie stands up as Yea-ji did. She reached out her hand to the doctor for a handshake when Yea-ji was finished, "Can I also talk to you when something comes up when we're together?"

Doctor Thompson held Jennie's hand for a handshake and said, "Sure, Miss Kim. Please keep me updated with CEO Kim's health." he smiled and escorted the two women to his office door.

As they left the doctor's office Yea-ji stopped in her tracks as Jennie did too.

"Soo-hyun and I will talk to Roseanne's parents to call off the wedding. Are you sure you are good with having a relationship with my daughter?" Yea-ji turned around and faced Jennie.

Jennie lifted her head to look at the older woman in front of her, "Yes. I'm okay with it, Chairwoman Kim. I'll help till she recovers from her amnesia."

"I hope you won't hurt her again, Jennie. I'm warning you that if you hurt her again, you have to pay for it. Big." Yea-ji warned Jennie as she pointed her finger at the younger woman, "I'm not okay with Doctor Thompson's suggestion of making you stay with my daughter because of her memory loss. But I don't have a choice. She'll look for you and ask many questions that will make her trigger those lost memories. So instead of taking you away from Sooya, I'd rather warn you. I can't lose my daughter again, Jennie."

"I'm so sorry, Chairwoman Kim. But I swear it won't happen again." Jennie said as she looked at Yea-ji's eyes with a promise.

Yea-ji looks at her in her eye as if she's reading Jennie's mind, "Stop calling me Chairwoman Kim from now on. Sooya wouldn't be happy to hear that."

Jennie nodded, "What should I call you, Chair-"

"Call me, Mom. Just like before." Yea-ji said as she looked somewhere else. "We should go to Sooya. The nurse should be already done with her."

"Yes, Chair-Mom. I'm sorry." Jennie apologizes as she looks at her heels.

"Stop doing that and be comfortable around us. So Sooya wouldn't notice something is going on between all of us." Yea-ji said in her final tone as she walked away.

Jennie followed the older woman as she walked to her daughter's room. She looks at Yea-ji's back similar to Jisoo's back. It's been years since that back made her feel nervous.

Yea-ji looked at the man in a black suit nodding at him. The man understood and knocked on the door three times. He opened the door for Yea-ji and Jennie.

As they walked inside they saw Jisoo in a cream trousers and coat looking out the window.

"Sooya," Yea-ji called out to her daughter's attention.

Jisoo turned around after hearing her mother's voice. She smiled seeing her mother with her girlfriend behind her mother's back.

"Here comes my two beautiful women." Jisoo smiled walking in her mother's direction as she kissed her on her cheek. And giving Jennie a smack on her lips, "I miss you." She said to Jennie as she gave her a heartwarming smile.

Jennie smiled back, giving Jisoo a gummy smile, "I miss you more."

"Ehem," Yea-ji makes a sound to let the two women know she's around.