Chapter 17: The Moon Is Beautiful Isn't It

Droplets clung to the grass blades beneath me as I settled in the front yard, the rain in the evening had made the sky clear.The stars sparkled like scattered diamonds, and the moon, a radiant queen, presided over the night with a luminous grace. It was unusually warm for a typical winter night.

My mind, a tempest of confusion
,gazing at the stars and thinking about what had happened earlier.

What had gotten into me?

I had revealed that I remembered Lino and our past and not only that-

" Why was I leaning in towards him,what was I even thinking",I smacked my head in embarrassment.

Lino came outside too and sat next to me.

No he shouldn't be here.I am too embarrassed to face him,I reckoned

The silence was gut wrenching,there may be people who get used to being quiet and not feel uncomfortable.I am definitely not one of those.

The moon is beautiful today,isn't it?"I pointed out trying to act non chalantly.

A chuckle,did he just chuckle?Why does he always make my efforts feel like a joke?

"You know?
In Japanese folklore ,when women were supposed to be coy and could not confess their feelings,they would say exactly the same thing as you did now",he said looking at me while I making every effort to not look back.

Frustrated,I protested,"This is what you do,turning every simple conversation into something it is never meant to be,I would rather not say anything at all".

"Is that even possible,he jibed at me".

"I have always had a reputation of being the quite mysterious charmer,but you are nowhere close to holding that image for me.I wonder how long before my bandmates will realise you are just a talkative parrot and not Minho as you meet them tomorrow for the interview",he commented.

This was a revelation,firstly family dinner and now interview.

"I am not living your life.It makes me nervous,I hate pretending to be you.How can a I act like you when I dont even know you? I stated.

"You don't know me"
,he said as if it had broken his heart.

I cut down on my defensive tone as I realised I might have hurt him.
"Well thats not what I meant.Its been years since then you know",I uttered.

Well here I did it again,I confirmed I remembered him.

One corner of his mouth went up in a cunning smirk as if his scheme had worked and he had made me confess.

" Why did you pretend like you didn't remember" he asked.

" Well you never asked Whisker wizard,I remarked.

" Dont lie dementor",he replied.

"One Halloween it was,and you even told Chan that I was a dementor and that I haunted you.He thought I was a bully or sm".

"Well,I was telling Han about you and Chan hyung just overheard a bit and didn't bother to listen to the rest",he said.

" You were telling Han ABOUT ME??",I was surprised he remembered me and now he tells me he was talking to Han about me.

He looked shocked as if he had blurted out without thinking.Is this contagious did i contract my habit of thoughtless blurting to him?,I wondered .

"Well,well....ehmmm...I was telling him about how you scared the shit out of me on that Halloween.I was so scared I couldn't move".