Chapter 1:The Grim Reaper

Trigger warning : The protagonist is suicidal and attempts to kill herself in the ist chapter named The grim reaper. However no graphic details are included.
Please proceed with caution.You can just skip the first chapter if its triggering.

Enjoy reading

***************

The main character: Ahn Yoona is a 21 year old girl who lived with her bestfriend Lee Minha(also 21).Minha dies in a car crash and Yoona is left heartbroken.

The story starts now:

As I stood over her graveyard drenched in rain,I knew,

"This was the day my will to die overrides my will to live".

"This is the story of how I died"

"This wasn't the first time I felt me being here or me not being here didn't make a difference but today,I lost someone who, somehow, convinced me that me being here made a difference"

My heart felt empty , and the world around me had blurred into a murky backdrop.Now there was no one who would call my name like she did,"Yoonayaaa"

I could still here her calling me...

I didn't want to believe she had left me forever,"Why does everyone I love end up leaving me or straight up die".

They called me a jinx,Minha was the only reason I stopped using that word for myself but,

" Oh! Minha!LOOK at me,I really am a jinx.I killed you too."

Minha was my only family.Before the accident she wanted to leave for US but I rebuked her saying she was abandoning me.I told her,I wished her dead rather than leaving me.

I jinxed her too.

Whispering under my breath, my voice choked with guilt and regret.

I muttered, "Minha, your flight is at 5. Get up; you have to go."

The ground was staring back at me as if it knew how shameless I was to stand at Minha's graveyard begging for forgiveness when I didn't deserve it.

My words dissolved into sobs.
I crumpled to the ground, my tears mixing with the rain.

As darkness began to encroach, I found myself drawn to a desolate bridge, where the raging river below mirrored the depth of my wounded heart.

The unending ache in my chest echoed in my mind as I replayed that final conversation.
I thought of a possible goodbye where I hugged her tightly and thanked her for being there in my life.

I uttered softly, "What will I live for now, Minha? You broke every promise you made, and I accused you of betraying me, of leaving me behind and now you did, in the cruelest way possible."

Desperation gnawed at me, and I reached for my phone,typing Ài(love in Mandarin) in my contacts.

I had saved her number as Ài because that is what she was for me.She was the only reason I knew what love meant.

I attempted to call Minha one last time hoping she would pick up,hoping I would hear Minha's soft voice and realise she wasn't actually gone.

I wished, it were all just a dreadful nightmare. A nightmare that had to end or I wouldn't be able to survive.