forty two

LET YOU DOWN

LET YOU DOWN.
chapter forty two.

"OH HOW I LOVE YOU IN SLEEVES," Hunter stood on her tippy toes and whispered into Buck's ear as she walked behind him

Buck laughed out, a blush lacing his cheeks, "and here I thought you, uh, you were gonna say you loved me," he whispered back.

"That too," she said at normal volume, tapping his back slightly as she strode past him and stopped next to Eddie at the barricade who shot her a knowing look.

The autonomous cop free zone. What could possibly go wrong there? Hunter rolled her eyes as the woman at the entrance wildly glared the firefighters down. They were called there to do their job, to help a gun shot victim, and they didn't need anyone making their job harder.

"I don't know who called you guys. No official passes these barricades," the woman announced, standing her ground.

"We don't need you!"

"Get out of here!"

"Rub your two brain cells together and recognize the fact that someone in this stupid fucking camp needs some god damn help," Hunter cussed out pointing a finger. The five straight days of work and blackouts was taking its toll on her— it was taking a toll on everyone. Hunter was just one of the few who had the gaul to be brutally honest with a civilian.

"We have volunteers to take care of that."

"But they're not," Chimney firmly announced, "Someone in your camp called 911. That's who we are. We are 911," he deadpanned as the captains truck pulled to a stop with its sirens behind them, "You've got a man in there bleeding out."

"You have your rules, and we have ours," the lady retorted.

"Why is everyone just standing there?" Bobby asked, an already angry tone lacing his voice.

"They won't let us in," Buck gestures towards the barricades and line of people.

Hunter rolled her eyes, "This wannabe mayor is blocking the way and really just asking me to commit assault today, Cap."