six

LET YOU DOWNchapter six

LET YOU DOWN
chapter six.

HUNTER GROANED TIREDLY, her head resting on Buck's back as she wrapped her arms around his waist eliciting a laugh from him

HUNTER GROANED TIREDLY, her head resting on Buck's back as she wrapped her arms around his waist eliciting a laugh from him. Buck looked around the locker room, making sure no one else from the 118 was watching.

"I don't want to work," she groaned out.

Buck laughed, resting his hands on top of hers and trying to turn his neck to look at her but to no avail, "What's wrong with you?" he questioned with a smirk, "You're never this touchy and... and you normally don't hate work until after the 12 hour mark."

Hunter tried to pull from him after his attempt at a witty remark but he held onto her arms and spun himself around so they could be face to face, her arms still linked around him. "I'm hungover from last night, Alexa was a nightmare."

"And I thought you could hold your liquor?" he pointed out, eyeing her suspiciously.

"I'm getting weak in my old age-"

"You turn 29 in two months," he deadpanned.

"um, okay, well I also spent like eight - nine years sleeping on a cot in Afghanistan, so..." Hunter retorted with a sarcastic smirk. And if she was being honest, she never spent a lot of time in her own cot.

Buck let out a chuckle as he laughed at her, not so much at her words but at the girl in general, "I'm gonna need you to start drinking more if the is the aftermath," he joked, looking down at the blonde woman who still hadn't let go of him. He reciprocated her actions and wrapped his arms around her. Buck liked it when Hunter would get up close to him, it made him feel appreciated and like he belonged. It wasn't often she was like that, and she never was in the firehouse.

Hunter didn't respond, instead she lifted her head from his chest slightly and softly laid a kiss above where his shirt had stopped. "Hey, hey, hey," Buck said, letting go of her, "Don't start something you won't finish-"

"Won't or can't?" she retorted, "Because given the chance, I will."

Buck sighed looking at her, "I- I haven't even finished getting dressed yet."