two

LET YOU DOWN

LET YOU DOWN.
chapter two.

HUNTER GROANED IN annoyance as she walked away to look for survivors

HUNTER GROANED IN annoyance as she walked away to look for survivors. Bobby had officially side lined her in the most gentle way possible. Hen was afraid Hunter may have a possible concussion from hitting the bus too hard and Bobby wasn't going to take any chances.

"LAFD!" She yelled out, looking into the barely visible window of the house. Hollywood Hills was quite literal in the hills. The neighborhood was in ruins, and that was putting it lightly. No house remained untouched from the mud slide.

Hunter swung the ax around in her hand as she kept looking around, walking on top of a roof. "LAFD, anyone here?"

The blonde jumped down as she began to move further west to the next house. Looking behind her, she could faintly see Buck and Chim talking. Hunter's head snapped around as she felt her ears strain, unsure if she was just hearing things but then she heard it again, "Mommy."

Hunter began to pick up the pace, "Hey, hey, come on, where ya at, buddy," She softly but loudly called out while looking around.

The sun was beginning to go down and Hunter wanted to beat the clock. "Please, help..." it was a small voice, clearly a child.

Hunter ran towards the sound, "Can you tell me where you are?" she yelled out, knowing she was close but still couldn't see.

"I don't know," the boy called out, "I can see the sky."

The sky, the sky. Looking at the house next to her she nodded, the roof was intact meaning the boy was outside. Hunter groaned as she threw her ax down and began looking at the concrete. The hair, she could see the boy. "I'm here, I'm here, buddy," She called, running to kneel next to the boy. Looking down at him, she sighed while pulling opening her bag.

"I'm going to need back up, west of the blue house" she called into the radio, slightly breathlessly, "I need a backboard, and a jack."

"Comin to you," Mitchell responded over the radio.