[E N D]

"Ehhh, is that really the end of the story??"

The woman laughed as she tucked her child in bed and kissed her on the forehead.

"Yes, it is. Now go to bed! You have school in the morning."

The young girl pouted as she got comfortable in her bed but stared at her mother still upset.

"But why did Addalyn have to die? She was my favorite!"

The only reason why the girl loved Addalyn so much was because she was originally considered the hero of the story, although it didn't end well.

"I know, I know."

The tired mother shook her head with a small smile on her face.

The woman then looked at the time and let out a small gasp.

"Go to sleep! You have to wake up early tomorrow."

The woman turned off the lamp and kissed her child once again on the head.

This time, Lynn giggled a bit.

"Goodnight."

"Night, mommy."

The woman smiled at her daughter as she got up and took the picture book with her.

Once she got to her room and sat on her own bed, she stared at the book she had just read to her daughter moments prior.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the book cover.

It was... odd...

No matter how many times she read the book, the story would always change.

Addalyn would get adopted by the King and Queen, and her evil sister would get executed due to her trying to poison the heroine.

Addalyn would then meet other characters in the story.

Arthur, who she would marry, Aunt Marie, who wasn't really relevant to the story, and Toshihiro, who would become a second love interest.

She would even adopt Yukio.

The story would then end with Addalyn becoming Queen and living happily with Arthur.

At least, that's how the woman remembered the story when she read it as a child.

But something still bothered her

There were never twins mentioned in the story when she read it herself.

The woman looked down at the book and flipped through the pages until she got to the end.

Instead of being met with Y/n's small smile, she was met with a different scene.

The woman immediately gasped and dropped the book on the ground.

Her heart beat increased as she looked over the bed and down at the ground.

Her eyes weren't playing tricks on her. They couldn't be!!!

The woman slowly reached out her hand and picked up the book.

This time, she put on her glasses to examine the picture more carefully.

On the page, there was Y/n, of course, but she was in a wedding dress.

A purple one, to be exact.

She was holding the hands of someone. It seems that she was at a wedding and she was the bride.

That prince.

What was his name again? Ah, yes. Kurai.

Everyone who helped Y/n escape surrounded her on her wedding day.

Yukio, Aunt Marie, and Mamoru all had smiles on their faces, well, except for Toshihiro.

He looked a little upset.

You, on the other hand, were smiling, but even the woman looking at the page could tell that you weren't really happy.

Kurai had the biggest smile on his face as he held your hands.

If the woman squinted, she would probably notice literal hearts in his eyes.

The woman felt like she looked at the page for hours, looking at the small details.

"...!!!!"

The woman's heartbeat increased once more as she felt her chest getting heavy.

This time, she closed the book and threw it onto the ground.

Turning off the lamp, she got under the sheets.

She wasn't going crazy, was she..?

Maybe she was... maybe she has been looking at the book for too long.

Even when she was tucked comfortably in bed, she couldn't bring herself to close her eyes.

The character that was never supposed to be in the story from the beginning was at the very last page of the picture book.

There, in the background, slightly transparent, stood that boy that Y/n, the villainess had fallen for.

He stood behind some bushes, covered head to toe in blood, giving Kurai the deadliest look.

It was weird.

She didn't remember seeing him there before, so what..?

It was almost as if the story was constantly changing.

...Just...who was Akuto....?