[14]

“I wanted to inform you when the day of Akuto’s execution would be. I’m afraid to tell you that he will not be making it till the end of this month.”

‘What..’

“...”

Even though you knew Akuto was also going to eventually get executed, you didn’t know it would be so soon. Why the sudden change..?

“...Why is it happening so soon..?”

You mentally cursed at yourself. You didn’t mean to make your voice sound so small and pathetic. 

“The dates were changed because our parents found it unacceptable for Akuto to be working in the safety of our castle. Especially since he is considered a murder.”

You literally jumped out of your seat, knocking down the coffee table that had the tea on it. 

‘Murder?!’

You didn’t want to accept it. That you have been hanging around with a murder. 

He was so different and childish that it seemed almost absurd for him to do something like that. 

Akuto’s eyes widened as he stared at Addalyn. At that moment, he wanted to kill her. How dare she tell you all his business!!! You weren’t supposed to know that…at least..not yet. 

Addalyn quickly focused her eyes elsewhere when she realized you didn’t know about Akuto’s past. She didn’t mean to spill all his business, she thought you already knew..

You stepped over the table as you walked closer to Addalyn. 

“Tell me everything.”

“I would, but uh..”

Addalyn nervously glanced over at Akuto. He was giving her the death glare which made her uneasy and shift in her seat a little. 

Realizing that Akuto was preventing her from giving you the information you desired, you turned around, grabbed Akuto, and dragged him out the room. You wanted to know more and why he did it. 

You slammed the door shut and sat back down on the couch. 

“Tell me.”

“..Uhm.. okay..”

The whole time Addalyn talked, you kept twiddling your thumbs the more she told you. The amount of details and things that happened made you a little sick. Why would he kill his mother? You understood about his step-father, but his own pregnant mother???

After she was done speaking, you got up from your seat and started walking towards the door. 

Before you left, you wanted to know one more thing. . 

“When is the day of his execution?”
“..At the end of this week. I think he will be going into his cell in three days.”
It was Monday so that gives you enough time.

You walked out of the room and realized that Akuto was nowhere to be found. That was none of your business though. 

No matter how much of a grudge you had against your mother, you would never kill her, but right now you needed to do something to help you worry about yourself. Even though he was a murder, you still needed to escape since he was your only hope at the moment.. 

Putting your hand against your head, you realized that you were starting to come down with a headache, so you decided to walk to the garden and sit there for a bit to clear your thoughts.

Walking into the garden, you realized that there were other maids in there. Three to exact. 

You mentally complained since you wanted to be alone at the moment.