[11]

!Timeskip! 

Akuto had been hiding in abandoned places the whole time the guards were looking for him. He made sure to avoid crowding places and areas that were too open because he knew people would immediately recognize him.

The guards were most likely looking for him because they thought he got kidnapped or something, but how could Akuto even explain himself and lie if he couldn’t even speak?

The guards were cruel and they would take him as a disrespectful child, locking him up never to be seen again. 

This situation went on for three years and Akuto was now turning 17. 

He had barely eaten the whole time he was on the run. The only thing that he would be able to eat were fruit and animals if he got lucky. He couldn’t buy anything at the store, so this was the only way. 

Winter’s were especially hard since finding food was scarce, so he would have to go days without eating anything. 

So that led us here now, with Akuto slowly walking up a hill and holding his stomach. He was starving and desperately wanted something to eat. 

He hadn’t gotten much sleep either since he was in fear of being caught by guards. 

Collapsing onto the ground, Akuto wondered what would’ve happened if his father stayed. Would he actually be happy? Where was his father now? He wanted to see his parents again, but he knew he couldn’t. He was all alone and had no one to turn to. 

For the first time in a while, Akuto felt lonely..

This whole situation reminded him of when he was looking for something to eat a few weeks back and he found an apple laying on the ground.

Before he could even reach for it though, some random squirrel decided to snatch it away from him. The animal looked like it hadn’t eaten in a while, just like him. 

He tried to chase it, but it unfortunately got away.

But after thinking about it, that animal could’ve been in the same situation as him. 

It was starving and was probably also alone. Maybe he and that squirrel were slightly similar in a way.

Closing his eyes, he wondered if this was the end for him. He would obviously be dying soon. He hadn’t eaten in probably a whole week, only surviving on water from random ponds.

I guess this was it for the Hiroshi family.

Waking up, Akuto felt like he was on something, judging from the way he heard the sound of horses and felt like he was bumping up and down due to rocks. 

Where was he? Looking up, he realized he was on someone's lap. Coming face to face with a woman with blonde hair and dark blue eyes, he quickly moved his head up and moved to a random corner in the carriage. The woman only smiled in response. 

Realizing he couldn’t move his arms, Akuto realized that he was in handcuffs. So after all this time, he had been caught..

“Good morning. I see that you’ve had a nice nap?”

Akuto only ignored her as he tried to take the cuffs off his hands. What was going on?!

“My name is Addalyn, what’s yours?”

Akuto only continued to struggle with the cuffs as he ignored her. 

Figuring out that he wasn’t going to say anything, Addalyn only sighed as she decided she would take off the cuffs as soon as she would get to the castle. Talking to him like this would only bring the both of them nowhere.