{37} Happily Ever After...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The wedding was beautiful. Finally, my life was a bucket of peace. Our families put their differences aside and our dads rebuilt their own friendship. I had gotten back on good terms with my siblings, parents, and the Valors, and it was so relieving to be turning the page. 

Our wedding took place on Coney Island Beach, mostly just our families and some of our close business partners that were considered family. Grayson and I decided on no vows, our vows were simply promising that each and every one of our words were our vows to each other. Eternal promising love through everlasting words is what we vowed too. 

The day though the best one of my life, is a blur of happiness. Yet it's okay because I still feel the joy of it happening. What I do remember happening is Grayson giving me a present at the reception right after our first dance. I burst into tears the second he put it in my hands. It was a huge frame with some pictures of younger us, and some picture slots empty. He told me that as time together progressed we'd make more picture-perfect memories to fill the frame.

It might've just been a frame with pictures but given everything we've been through seeing that we had finally made it to being married was a key part of me holding pictures of us right before the disaster happened. A symbol that we got through it. We won. 

We got our fairytale come true. 

We honeymooned in Paris, France, it was so fucking beautiful, all of it. From the people to the culture. We all know what happens daily as newlyweds. I'm not even going to mention it. 

Now back home after two weeks; the wedding only four months after our engagement because we are impatient, laying down in my bed is so calm nowadays. Grayson stepped down to part-time COO of Valor Energy letting Rose do most of the work as she had always wanted. I gave up parts of my duties to Jason and Jes so I could do more focus on partner work than actual numbers and traveling. Basically, we calmed our life of work, the one factor in our problems in the past. 

I'm in bed reading a book when I hear the front door open. My eyes flick up from the words in front of me and I listen as steps echo downstairs. The second I hear keys toss onto the kitchen island I set the book down and head downstairs. 

Turning the corner into the kitchen my eyes meet Grayson's back as he reaches into the fridge for water. "Gonna hover or are you going to kiss my hi?" He chuckles turning to face me. A smile breaks on my face as I quickly throw myself onto my husband. My arms wrap around his torso and my lips meet his. 

His hands rest on my waist, his eyes meeting mine with joy when the kiss breaks. "Sorry I didn't have time to stay for breakfast, I had a last-minute meeting." He apologizes while kissing my cheek. "It's okay, I got to sleep in some more." 

Grayson slides his hands off of me and reaches into his pocket. "Happy birthday." 

Oh, shit-

"I-" I look up at him. His face was seconds away from bursting into laughter. "I forgot it was my birthday..." Grayson grabs my hand and sets a long velvet box in my hand. "Well, good thing you married me." I scoff and look down at the box in my hand. "I'd say stop buying my gifts but I'm not going to fuel your ego to start saying 'I'm rich'" He smirks.