Ch.8: Medicine Run

3rd Person POV

After Brad was shot, he began to run a fever. Jason remembered seeing a store in the North Plaza with a small pharmacy. Hopefully they'd have some medicine to treat Brad's fever.

After running through the Paradise Plaza, and the park, he made it to the North Plaza. After killing any zombie that got in his way, he eventually made it to the supermarket. Upon entering, he got a call from Otis.

Otis: Jason, looks like you made it to the supermarket. You can get to the pharmacy through the door between the butcher counter, and the seafood counter.

Jason: Thanks for the heads up, Otis. I'll be back shortly.

Jason followed Otis' directions, and went to the door between the butcher and seafood counters. But, when he tried to open it, it was locked. That's when he heard the sound of a shopping cart being pushed around.

He turned around to see if anyone was there, but no one was in sight. He slowly began to walk through the store while having his hand on his gun. As he looked through the aisles, he couldn't find anyone, but the sound of the cart could still be heard. Jason tried to pinpoint the direction that the sound was coming from, but it seemed to come from all directions.

He began to walk through an aisle, and as he was about halfway through, he heard the sound right behind him. He quickly turned, but no one was there. Then there was silence. He got to the other side of the aisle and looked, but found nothing. He began to walk back, but then a can of food rolls in front of him from behind. He quickly drew his gun and aimed at whoever was behind him, only to see a crazed looking employee, with a shopping cart modified with pitchforks, shovels, knives and other shark objects. He also saw a familiar looking woman, unconscious, in the cart. Jason looked closer at the employee, and saw that his name tag said Steven.

Steven: THIS IS MY STOOORE!!!

Steven then began to slowly approach Jason, while Jason backed up and slightly lowered his gun.

Steven: You...came to VANDALISE...my store! Huh?! NOT ON MY WATCH!!!

Jason: Someone's been hurt, I need medicine!

Steven: HURT?!

Steven then grabs the woman's head and starts to yank it side to side violently.

Steven: That's just what this bitch said when she came to vandalise my store! I don't take kindly...to vandalism! I won't allow it! Listen to me! And listen good, partner! I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOREEE!!!

Steven the pushed the cart towards Jason, and he raised his gun, but stopped himself from shooting, in fear of hitting the woman. So Jason just backpeddled, and jumped out of the way of the cart. Steven showed a good amount of strength to control the cart when he made a sharp right turn to continue chasing Jason.

Jason then climbed up one of the shelves to try and get behind Steven, but Steven pulled out a shotgun, and aimed it at Jason. Jason dodged the shotgun blast by jumping down on the other side of the shelf. When Jason was in the ground, he saw some cooking oil on the shelf. He could hear the cart fast approaching, so he grabbed a jug of oil and slammed it on the floor, making it explode.

Steven rounded the corner, and charged at Jason. However, the oil on the floor made Steven slip, and slide. He crashed the cart into a nearby shelf. Jason took the opportunity to rush Steven. Jason aimed his gun and sent three shots at Steven. Steven was able to duck and avoid the first two,  ut the last one winged him. Steven then grabbed his shotgun and aimed at Jason, before sending a blast at Jason. Jason was able to take cover behind one of the aisle shelves.