Safe

Ahsoka stood inside the large tent, bustling with medics and injured clones.
Rex laid in front of her, his face grimy and his eyes closed.

Ahsoka threw her head back with a loud sigh as Anakin walked through the tent flap.
"How is he?" He asked, worry etched in his face.

Ahsoka turned her head to face her master, "Stable, but still unconscious. Kix says it's only a matter of time." She answered, her voice wavering slightly.

Anakin sighed, looking at his unconscious captain.
He looked up at Ahsoka, her arms crossed tightly as she stared at Rex so intensely he thought his captain would wake up from the burn of her eyes.

"Come on Snips." Anakin heaved as he made to take her shoulders to guide Ahsoka out. Ahsoka didn't resist as she walked with him.

They emerged from the tent, the other side of the flap just as busy as the other.
Anakin nodded to countless clones who passed them by as Ahsoka walked slowly, her head lowered.

"Ahsoka look up." Anakin said to her firmly.
Ahsoka complied and lifted her head.

Clones sat on a makeshift bench, their helmets sitting next to them. They laughed and ate together, a fire burning in front of them.

Ahsoka noticed, it was already evening. Last time she had been outside was in the late hours of the busy afternoon.

Anakin called a wood trunk to them with the force. Ahsoka smiled slightly as she thought of Obi-wan's condescending tone while he lectured his former student about the use of the force.

Anakin walked to the trunk, beckoning Ahsoka to join him. They sat next to the others as they warmed up by the fire.

Ahsoka closed her eyes, inhaling the scents of this unknown planet with the smoke of the fire.
A clone who's name she didn't know handed rations to her master ans Anakin smiled amicably at him. The clone, clearly fresh out of Kamino blinked in surprise then attempted a confused smile back.

Ahsoka smiled. Anakin handed her a warmed up ration and she took it.

~🪐~

Ahsoka leaned back on the tree trunk with a full stomach and warmth in her veins.
Anakin did the same so she lowered her head on his shoulder.

Her eyes fluttered close, her body lulled by the soft buzz of indistinct conversation and the animal sounds roaming around the camp.

"Hope you left some rations for me." A gruff voice echoed behind them.
Ahsoka jolted awake.
Anakin lifted his hand lazily and handed Rex a ration.

Ahsoka twisted herself to look at her captain. His right arm was in a splint and he was still dirty from the explosion, but he was okay.
Ahsoka's shoulders sagged in relief.

Rex's brows furrowed in frustration as he struggled to open his ration with one hand.
Ahsoka chuckled and Rex looked at her, his expression softening with a smile.

Ahsoka patted the empty space on her right.
Rex took the hint and sat down, but he still tried to open the ration. Ahsoka raised one of her eyebrow marking at him and raised her hand in front of him.

Rex sighed but relented, handing Ahsoka the bar. Ahsoka gave him a smug smile and he chuckled.
She opened the bar for him and handed it to him, leaning against his uninjured shoulder.

"How are you feeling?" She asked him softly.
Rex sighed, his shoulders dipping, making Ahsoka's head tilt.

"Honestly kid? Tired. Really kriffing tired." He whispered to the fire.
Ahsoka remained unmoving as she blinked slowly.

"Honestly Rexter? Me too." She whispered back.
Rex leaned carefully on Ahsoka's head, breathing against her montrals.

Ahsoka brought up a hand to Rex's short blond hair, passing her fingers lazily through it.

She reached for Anakin's flesh hand with her free arm and took it softly. Anakin squeezed it, letting her know he was here.

And with that, Ahsoka let the dark cover of sleep envelop her. Safe.