Disrespect

The clone grunted as he fell to the floor, "What did you just say?" A cold voice was heard from behind the small brawl that was the 501th.

"You heard me." The clone bit back.

The others moved away to let Rex through, his voice just as cold as the second before,
"You dare insult the Commander?"

You could hear a chuckle coming from the door, "Well, look what we have here."

They turned to see Anakin leaning on the doorframe, but that wasn't the scary part.

It was Ahsoka Tano.

She stood next to him, arms loosely crossed over her chest,
Smirking.

Her eyes full of amusement and something they couldn't identify, it looked awfully like the way a wild animal would look at its prey.

The room suddenly tensed, not like the sweaty rage while their presence had gone unnoticed, but like a cold air overtook their lungs, refusing to leave.

She walked to the group, they had already cleared a passage for Captain Rex when Anakin was heard.

She knelt down to the clone that was thrown on the floor, "Tell me, why do you think I'm incapable of being a commander?"

He hesitated and looked around, hoping for someone to help him.
But he only found the harsh gaze of his companions.

They were loyal to Ahsoka Tano, they thought of her as their sister, they would lay down their life for her, not because they had to, but because they wanted to.

All of the clones knew this, and they respected her very much as well.

All but one,
and that one, was the shiny that had just arrived at the 501st, he thought she was reckless and immature, he heard the rumors about her, the squadron that she led, who died, because of her. 'How can they respect someone like her? Someone who led their brothers to their deaths.'
He thought to himself.

He gulped, "Well, you're sixteen years old."
She tilted her head, "So?"

He hesitated and before he could say anything more, she said, "You're ten."

"Yet" she singsonged, "You're here"

"Now you tell me what's that about."
She smiled as she stood.

He looked up at her, angry, he jumped up and said, "I was trained, from the moment I was born, for this."

She shrugged, "Me too."

He was becoming impatient,
By impulse he burst out, "You got a squadron killed. They died for you, and you just let them."

This time, when she looked at him, pure fury was all he could see in her eyes.
He backed away, excepting the men surrounding them to move for him.

But they didn't, instead, they pressed together to stop him from getting through.

She lunged at him, punching him in the face. He fell, loosing his balance from the hit.

"Don't you dare talk about them." She spat.

She grabbed him by the collar, "You think I wanted them to?"

"You think I didn't mourn their deaths as if they weren't my own?" She practically yelled.

He grunted, "I know that you killed them, Commander. You're weak."

She threw him to the ground, "You know nothing." She growled,
She turned to walk away, the men already clearing a path,
and looked back at him, her back already facing him,
"You will never know the pain of losing those you could have saved. Not the way that I do."
Her voice was cold, laced with grief.