Family Part 2

Ahsoka wiped her sweaty hands on her outfit, a dark blue version of her old Jedi outfit.

Today was her first day back at the temple.

A Jedi rejoining the temple was unheard of.
Yet Ahsoka Tano was once again making history.

A few things had changed since the war had ended and Sidious was defeated.

First, attachments were not forbidden anymore. The Jedi Council finally did something right for once.

Second, the Jedi didn't have to live in the temple anymore. So Ahsoka was living with Anakin, Padme and two tiny gremlins.

And three, clones were not in production anymore. And they were free.
Although many of them decided to keep serving the Republic.

They were volunteers, and they helped the Jedi repair the damage the war inflicted on the galaxy.

Ahsoka blew out a breath, first time meeting Master Kenobi since the trial.

First time meeting Rex and the boys again.

Anakin stood by her side, giddy and smiling.
Ahsoka swatted at his arm.

"Would you please stop jumping around?" She groaned at him.

"Oh come Snips, aren't you excited? Your first mission in four years!"
Anakin smiled excitedly.

Ahsoka let out a nervous breath, "Also the first time meeting Master Kenobi and the 501st in four years..."

Anakin wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "Ahsoka, you have no need to be nervous, Obi-Wan and the boys haven't changed one bit."

The problem wasn't that they had changed, it was that she had. She was a different person now. With different experiences and different opinions than before.

Anakin squeezed Ahsoka's shoulder, bringing her out of her thoughts.

Obi Wan and the 501st were approaching in the hanger the pair stood.
Ahsoka shivered.

Anakin pet the valley of her montrals that no longer bore the padawan chain Ahsoka wore before.

She had been appointed to Jedi Knight as soon as she had rejoined the Order.
Much to Anakin's chagrin.

He was proud, obviously.
But her also wanted to continue teaching her. Sadly, it was clear Ahsoka no longer needed a teacher.

A bittersweet moment. But a necessary one.

"If you need me, I'm here." Anakin whispered to Ahsoka as Obi-wan and the boys were only a few meters away.

(whatthefuckarefeet??? 🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷🍷🍷🍷🥖🥖🥖🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺) (the uk doesn't count.)

Ahsoka sent a message of thanks through their bond and let out a breath.

Obi-wan stood in front of them, smiling much harder than either of them had ever seen. Unsettling.

The 501st stood behind him, and if they weren't wearing helmets, their beaming faces would have given way.

Obi wan pet his beard as he usually did, examining Ahsoka.
"My, Ahsoka, look how you've grown."
He smiled proudly.

Ahsoka smiled shyly, "Well..."

Obi-wan's face fell slightly, "Ahsoka, I want to apologize for my actions. I should have defended you during your trial. I'm sorry."

Ahsoka rubbed her arm slowly, "Thank you Master, that means a lot to me."

Obi wan smiled softly, and held out his arms.
She took the hint and let herself me enveloped in her grand-master's arms.

They pulled away as Rex came forward.
His helmet was painted orange with Ahsoka's face markings. As well as all of the 501st's helmets.

Ahsoka gasped slightly, "Rex..." she murmured.

"It's good to have you back General."
Rex stated proudly,

He saluted her and her legs felt like jelly.
So many people loved her.

"Thank you Rex, and to all of you." She exclaimed to the men.

"Now take off your buckets, I need to see some faces!"
Ahsoka laughed.

They did so and Ahsoka felt so immensely happy. This is where she was meant to be.

Nowhere else.

And as she led the men to their ship, Ahsoka couldn't help but smiled until her cheeks hurt.

Anakin and the others close behind her.
Reassuring her everything was how it was supposed to be.

Her family.