The Good Ones

The smoke tickled her nostrils as she breathed, her throat burned from the tears she held back.

She looked down on her hands, they were dirty from hours of digging.

Digging the bodies of her brothers, her men.

Her eyes burned with tears, and she let out a broken sob.

They were gone, all of them.

Her brothers, the men who took her in and treated her like family, dead.

Jesse, the man who tried everything to stop Darth Maul from learning anything about her, only to die, trying to kill her until the very end.

Plo Koon, the Jedi master who found her on her home planet and took her to the Jedi temple.

And Anakin, her master, her brother and her father.

She collapsed onto the dusty ground, sobbing and shaking.

Everyone she had ever loved was gone.

Only Rex remained.

And she knew, they would have to part ways.
It was the only way to keep him safe.

But for now, for a few precious hours, they would be together, basking in each other's comfort.

After what felt like an eternity, but could only have been a moment, Rex joined her, enveloping her into an embrace.

And together they cried, mourning the ones they loved.

The ones who were never supposed to die.

The good ones.

Sorry not sorry :D
Sorry for the short chapter, felt like being angsty and I'm not particularly good at it so I tried to keep it short 🥲

Anyway, let me know if you enjoyed by clicking on the little star in the left corner ⭐️

Bye! See you at the next update! 🤍💙🧡