Close call

She flinched violently, feeling their bond flood with pain, excruciating pain.

She screamed, blinding light was all she could see until it wasn't, until she remembered she was on a battlefield, where her men were being shot down and killed around her.

She scrambled for her lightsabers, the surge of pain so shockingly violent, they had fallen out of her hands.

The pain was so severe, she couldn't see, she called out to them with the force, igniting them and deflecting the blaster shots, trying to keep up with the droids.

But she couldn't, not with the pain, not with the fear.
She knew it was her master, the one who was hurt.

And she was terrified.

She called out to her men, yelling at them to retreat.

She had to find him.

She followed after them as they ran to safety, deflecting the shots, looking in the corners of her eyes for him.

And there he was.

She looked back to her troops, they would be safe, but he wouldn't be.

She leaped to him, dragging him behind a rock.

"Master!" She exclaimed, shaking him, trying to prevent him from falling out of consciousness.

"Hey, Snips" he slurred, a small smirk on his lips, she frowned,
"Now is not the time for nicknames, Master!" She exclaimed.

He chuckled, "It's fine Snips, I'll be fine."

She sucked in a breath, "Just try not to fall asleep, okay?"

"Mhmm" he mumbled.

Removing his glove, she closed her eyes, and held his flesh hand.

With the force, she looked for injuries.

Her eyes snapped open.

A blaster wound in his stomach, and another one in his leg.

She slapped his cheek somewhat gently and he groaned, "I'm going to try to heal your wounds, okay?

She wasn't particularly good with force healing, in fact she was terrible.

But this was the only choice.

"It's fine Snips, just help me get back to base" he grunted.

Sighing she lifted his back onto her knee, "Master, If I don't do this now, you won't be even be alive enough to be able to get back to camp."
She tried to bring some humor into it, not to cheer him up, oh no, he was jolly good. But she wasn't.

She was about to fall apart, the only thing that was stopping her, was the dying man in her arms.

Closing her eyes, she called out to the force, 'Help me' she begged,

Tears brimming her eyes,
'Help me save him'

The force answered with a surge of power.

And without even realizing what she was doing, the force spread in her master's body from her hands, healing him.

With the pain gone, Anakin finally let himself close his eyes and sleep.

~🌔~

He woke up sore, on a makeshift bed in a tent.

Ahsoka was by his side, on a stool, asleep on the edge of his bed.

Kix walked into the tent as Anakin tried to get out of the cot without waking his padawan.

"General." He scolded, giving him a look of dismay before signaling him to lay back down.