𝗼𝗼. 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙨

chapter two:

                                                           chapter two:

KAI LAID IN A BLISSFUL SLUMBER, HER PEACEFUL BREATHING ECHOING in the room. The world around her seemed distant, lost in the depths of her dreams. Soft rays of morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a serene glow on her face. It was in this tranquil state that Annabeth burst into the room with an intensity that shattered the tranquility.

"Kai! Kaia! Wake up!" Annabeth's voice was filled with urgency, pulling Kai from the clutches of sleep. Blinking her eyes open, Kai yawned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"What's going on, Annabeth? Can't it wait? I'm still tired," Kai mumbled, her voice laced with a mix of sleepiness and confusion.

But Annabeth was not one to wait or mince words. Determined, she dashed to a backpack hanging on the back of Kai's door. Without asking for permission, Annabeth grabbed the bag and began stuffing it with clothes and essentials.

"No, it can't wait, Kai! I had a dream, and it's urgent. We need to go to camp; it's in danger," Annabeth declared, her words echoing in the room like a siren's call.

Kai's drowsiness quickly evaporated, replaced by a deep sense of concern. She glanced at the bag Annabeth was filling, realizing the gravity of the situation. Kai's eyes widened as the bag came flying at her, landing in her lap. The weight of Annabeth's urgency bore down on her, fueling the need to act. With a newfound determination, Kai finally rose from her bed.

As Kai stumbled out of bed, her limbs heavy with sleep, Halia, her mother, appeared in the doorway. Her face wore a mix of understanding and haste as she addressed the two girls.

"If you want to make it to New York by 7 am, we need to leave within the hour. Remember, there's a five-hour time difference between New York and Hawaii," Halia explained, her words laced with a sense of urgency.

Kai's mind raced, trying to grasp the magnitude of the situation. The thought of danger looming over their beloved camp propelled her into action. She knew time was of the essence.

Swiftly, Kai pushed aside her weariness and dashed to her closet. She chose a simple pair of shorts and a light teal short-sleeved shirt, the colors reminding her of the calm ocean waves and the azure sky.

She carefully braided her long hair, which had grown over the summer, reaching her waist. The braids cascaded down her back, a testament to the time and care she took to style it. Struggling with the snug fit of her shorts, Kai noticed the increase in muscle tone in her thighs. Both she and Annabeth had dedicated themselves to rigorous exercise, forging their bodies into stronger vessels.