𝙤𝙤. 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙡𝙮𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙨

chapter eight:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter eight:

AS THE SUN DESCENDED BEHIND THE MAJESTIC ​MOUNTAINS, CASTING ELONGATED shadows over the landscape, the weary group finally stumbled upon the long-lost ​water park. Once known as ​WATERLAND, the faded sign now displayed a broken arrangement of letters that spelled out ​WAT R A D. The main entrance stood firmly locked, its imposing presence accentuated by a crown of forbidding barbed wire. Inside the vacant amusement park, a sense of desolation prevailed; enormous dry water slides, twisted tubes, and entangled pipes meandered aimlessly, leading to empty pools devoid of life and laughter. The neglected asphalt was strewn with remnants of old tickets and weathered advertisements, their fluttering forms hauntingly melancholic in the encroaching darkness.

Percy, gazing up at the formidable barbed wire, couldn't help but unleash a sardonic remark. ''If Ares brings his girlfriend here for a date," he quipped, "I'd hate to see what she looks like."

Kai, offended by Percy's words, bristled with restrained fury. "Perseus, perhaps you should choose your words more wisely," she advised with a steely glint in her eyes.

In response to Kai's rebuke, Percy delivered a piercing glare, his displeasure evident at the mention of his full name. "Why should I care?" he retorted. "I thought you despised Ares.''

The knowledge of Ares' scandalous affair with Aphrodite was widely known among the camp's inhabitants. Each time it was brought up, a mixture of disdain and discomfort crossed the faces of both the Ares and Aphrodite cabins. Just to add a touch of mischief, Kai would protract the torment by referring to Clarisse as her aunt for the remainder of the day.

"He's still a god. And his girlfriend is very temperamental." Annabeth interjected, her tone tinged with caution. She glanced at Kai, who wore a mischievous smirk, her mind replaying the memories.

Engaging in a conversation about her grandmother's escapades was an uncomfortable topic for Kai to broach, but the memory of tormenting Clarisse made it somehow bearable.

"You don't want to insult her looks," Grover added.

Percy, his teenage curiosity piqued, raised an eyebrow. "So who is she? Echidna?"

An amused smile played on Grover's lips as he responded, "No, Percy. She is Aphrodite herself."

Perplexed, Percy mentioned, "But I thought she was married to Hephaestus."

Kai, intrigued by the discussion, interjected, "What's your point? Do you think most of the demigods and titans were born out of sheer coincidence? They were offspring of the gods' affairs, not mere plants."

Befuddled, Percy furrowed his brow. "What do you mean?" he asked, seeking clarification.

Explaining the complexities of this subject was not unfamiliar territory for the teenage girl. Many campers arrived under the illusion that their parents were genuinely in love, perhaps even soulmates. While there might be a hint of truth in some cases, the gods inevitably returned to their spouses, regardless of circumstances.