Chapter 17: Vitality of the Heart (1)

Start from the beginning

At that moment, Cale looked down after feeling something tapping at his leg. He could see the golden pupils of the kittens shining, as the kittens started to speak.

"I heard from Hans earlier."

"Hans said."

Hans still didn't know that the kittens were Cat Tribe kittens, and continued to say all sorts of things in front of the kittens. The kittens seemed to want to tell him something they had heard Hans say.

"What?"

The siblings seemed to have gotten used to Cale's rude way of asking, and started to speak.

"If you make a wish at a rock tower, it will come true."

"He said the rock towers were pretty.''

"I want to go. But it's okay if it is too annoying."

"I want to go with you, but it's okay if it is too difficult."

Cale blankly stared at the fidgety kittens before casually asking.

"What kind of wish do you have?"

Hong shook his fur, that was now healthier and shinier thanks to getting good treatment from Hans, and shouted out with excitement.

"That everybody, including my new little brother, can live a good life."

'Little brother, eh?'

"That's a good wish. We'll go later then."

Meowww

Meowww

Cale could see how the kittens became very excited after hearing his answer, and turned away from them with a smile on his face. The carriage stopped at the same time. They had arrived at the location of their campsite for the evening.

"Looks like we are camping out again starting today."

"Indeed."

Cale answered Hans's statement, before looking around their campsite. The wind from the forest blew by his head. Cale spent the night with a pretty relaxed mind.

The next morning.

"Young master."

"...What is this?"

Cale stared at the dead deer that was at the border of their campsite. It had been hunted recently. Hans reported to Cale, who just continued to stare at the deer.

"Someone left it here on our campsite."

Hans pointed next to the deer. Cale was looking at that spot as well. On the ground was a drawing of a fork and a knife.

It was as if someone had left the deer there for them to eat. 

'I think I know who it is.'

An individual that could speak, but could not write, had left the deer for them.

'So he is following as expected.'

The two siblings seemed to have realized as well, but Cale pretended to not know about it. However, a new ingredient was delivered to them every time Cale and crew camped outside. Wild hog, rabbits, and all sorts of fruits. Cale was now sure about the existence of the dragon following behind him.

Cale then arrived at Puzzle City with that confirmation in his mind.

After easily passing through Puzzle City's gate, the Henituse family's Golden Turtle carriage followed the lead of the butler Hans to the inn.

"It is smaller than Western City."

"Right. Small."

Cale nodded at On and Hong's words, and looked outside the carriage.