46|NO HOPE

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 46

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 46

"Can we see the baby?" Sihle walks in hand in hand wih Melo

"Can we see the baby?" Sihle walks in hand in hand wih Melo. I softly smile and call them over.

"Sphesihle, Melokuhle. Meet your baby brother, Ntsika" I see both their eyes widen with pure joy.

"Finally" Sihle sqeals while jumping around. When she turns out she let's out a scream before running up to her father.

Her scream startles Ntsika and he opens his eyes looking around the room. His wide brown eyes searching around.

I look at Melo to find him just staring at his baby brother. "Do you want to hold him?" I propose and he opens his hands, I carefully place Ntsika in his arms.

He gently holds him. "He looks like me" Sihle says as she looks down at him. "He looks like me, I'm his father. Remember'' Nkosinathi argues.

"Baba, are we going back home?" She looks up him and he briefly nods as he stares at Ntsika whose in Melo's arms.

He moves closer to me and sits on the edge of my bed. "How are you feeling?" He asks softly.

"Ngikhathele, ngifuna ukulala" I answer with a yawn. "Usanda kuvuka" He frowns.

"I don't know, many it's because I just gave birth to a baby?!" i almost snap but refrain myself.

He grabs a hold of my hand and places a kiss onto it. "Ngiyasibonga lesisipho ongiphe sona MakaNtsika" He pecks my hand once again.

I look away trying to hide my smile from him. "Uyaphophoza manje? Ngibheke" He chuckles and I shake my head no.

"I'm not blushing" I defend. "Ma, take your baby" Melo pushes Ntsika and I take him.

I look down to find him sound asleep. A knock is heard and the door opens to reveal Nkosinathi's mother, Thembisile.

She walks towards me and Nkosinathi get's up walking out wih the kids. Kwenzakalani?

"Unjani makoti?" She softly asks. "Ngiyaphila Ma" I shortly answer. "Angizile ngizokunikeza isifundo, ngilapha nje ngizokubona nengane, akukho okunye" She reassures me..

"Were you the one who told him where I was?" I curiously ask. "I have no idea of how he found you. He just told me that he was going to Italy and asked me to accompany him, that's all" She makes herself comfortable on the seat besides me.

"Zanothando, I'm worried about you. Going back to KZN will destroy you, both mentally and physically" She starts.

"W-What are you talking about?'' I mutter out. ''He may seem happy for the time being but inside he's fuming, he's livid. When you get back home…" She pauses.

"Nkosinathi is abusive Zano, leave while you can. Run to your brothers, or he will hurt you." She sighs.

"K-Kuthiwani ngabantwana bami" I clear my throat. "I'll take care of Melokuhle and Sphesihle, Ntsika still needs you." Kodwa Ma. I can't just leave them-" She cuts me off.

"Sphesihle has been diagnosed with a virus, nothing can cure it unles she comes back home, to iLembe where she will be taken to Bab'Gwala (traditional healer)" She informs me.

"M-Ma..." I trail off as tears stream down my eyes. "Nkosinathi's out with the kids, there's a backdoor here." She says after a few minutes.

"You can trust me" She says once she notices that I'm hesitant. I can't leave my kids, not again. They'll hate me.

I don't want them to grow up questioning my whereabouts. I love them too much to do that to them.

Leaving them with Nkosinathi is not on my list at the moment. I don't want to hate myself for this.

"I can't leave them " I sigh. "He's going to kill you Zanothando, I know my son more than anything. He acts all calm then snaps the second he finds you alone?!" She raises her voice.

"I'd rather suffer than leave them again, Ma" I start. "I'd never forgive myself If I were to leave them. I know I haven't been around for long but I love my children more than anything and I'm willing to risk it all for them" I decline her offer.