22|BACK TO WORK

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 22

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 22

"Those plans are useless!" I listen to Vladimir shout from the other side of the phone

"Keep it down you fucking bastard!" I hiss back. "What the hell are you talking about?" I whisper.

"That bag has nothing!" He continues to shout. "Hey wena! I know that bag had documents, I got it to you. Complete your end of the deal" I click my tongue before hanging up.

I head back into the room to find Nkosinathi still peacefully sleeping. I get back into bed and his eyes open, lazily.

"Uphumaphi MaZungu?" He rasps out. "Akukho okubalulekile, ngivele ngomile ngakho ngehla ngiyokha amanzi" I answer him.

"Pho ubunobani ocingweni?" He sits up, leaning against the headboard. "Haibo Nkosinathi kungani yonke lemibuzo? Ungethuselani?" I roll my eyes at him.

He just looks at me before speaking up once again. "Uphumaphi?!" He gritts out this time.

"Bengikhuluma noNandipha ocingweni" I lie. "Kungani ekufonela phakathi kwamabili?" He asks furthermore.

"Angazi, ngingalala manje?" I turn away from him and close my eyes without listening to his response.

"Zanothando, ngiyakuthanda, kakhulu futhi. Kodwa uma kukhona okungenza ngikulimaze, ngizokwenza,” He calmly says as he places a kiss onto my cheek.

He softly turns me back to face him. "Vula amehlo sthandwa sami" He orders. "Ngicela ukulala tuu?" I scoff.

"Cha, sondela" He pulls me closer to him. "Wenzani manje?" I groan as he starts to place kisses all over my face.

"Ngikhombisa umkami ukuthi ngimthanda kangakanani" He mumbles against my neck.

"Cha! Ungangithinti" I move away from him, as if his touch burnt through my body.

"You do know that we haven't consummated our marriage yet right? Tonight is the perfect opportunity" He smirks as he lowers his hand holding onto the hem of my shirt.

"Ngiyeke, angifuni" I mutter while sitting up from the bed. He groans while getting into the covers.

"Ngeke ngikuthinte ngaphandle kwemvume yakho, lala" He sighs and I slowly get back into the covers making sure to keep a good amount of distance between us.

He chuckles. I fall back asleep knowing I have a very early morning.
——————————————————
I finish getting ready and walk down the stairs heading into the kitchen to have breakfast.

It's monday today so I have to be at the hospital, not because I wasn't supposed to be there on Saturday but because I've been avoiding going there this week.

The twins are going to school for the last week since the school holidays are starting, one of the reasons they're excited

"Sawubona. Uyaphi ekuseni kangaka?" Nkanyezi asks as he spots me grabbing my keys.

"Ngiya emsebenzini. I might back a little late, I have a lot of work to catch up on" I say as I grab my purse.

"Work, at four in the morning?" He raises an eyebrow. "I'm a doctor. Why are you up?" I fold my arms across my chest.

"Business" He simply answers and I hum knowing exactly what he means. "I'll be on my way" I exit the mansion and get into my Lamborghini Urus driving straight to the hospital.

"Good morning Mulalo" I greet the receptionist and she greets back, I head towards the elevator as the doors close but the person inside holds the doors.

I enter the elevator "Thank you'' I mutter waiting for it to reach the top floor. I look at him, he looks coloured by the looks of it.

"I'm Doctor Khumalo, however you can call me Quinton" The man introduces after a few moments of silence.

"It's nice to meet you.... I'm Doctor Zungu" I say totally not interested in starting any conversations with this man.

"And you name Miss Zungu?" He continues to pester me. "Zanothando, and it's Mrs Zungu" I correct him as the elevator comes to a stop.

"A beautiful name for a very beautiful lady-" I walk out leaving him alone. I head down the hallway leading to my office.

I can feel him following behind me. "Will you stop it! I am not interested" I snap frustrated.

He holds up his hands before backing away. I roll my eyes and enter my office.

I haven't been here in a while, I put down my things and slide my coat on. I wrap my stethoscope around my neck and sir down on my chair.

I lean my head back before releasing a loud sigh... "What was that?" Nandi walks in laughing.

"Angazi, ngivele ngaquma. Bekufanele athathe iseluleko" I groan. "Ungakhathazeki ngakho, Unjalo kubo bonke abantu besifazane ababonayo" She laughs as she takes a seat.

"Pho ubukuphi?" She starts.

"Ekhaya, Umndeni womyeni wami ukhona ngakho angikwazanga ukuhamba ngaleso sikhathi." i partly lie.

"You are lying. There's another reason" She looks at me. "Yeas but I've been tired this entire week, I just needed to rest and get myself together'' I sigh.

"Okay sisi, so the bruise on your wrist has nothing to do with you being absent drom work for a week?" She asks.

"It's visible?!" I ask with wide eyes. "No great covering actually, but I'm a doctor. I've dealt with multiple cases, I know a bruise when I see one" She shrugs.

"So tell me Thando, is he hitting you? Is he-" I cut her off. "Cha, he's not" I defend him. "Then explain the bruises" She argues.

"It's nothing, I don't want to talk about it" I look away as I get up. "I have a patient to attend to. You know the way out" I grab a chart and exit the office.

I walk down the hallway and decide to use the stairs since it's only six am and I need a cup of coffee to keep me awake and the cafeteria is on the floor below this one.

I grab a coffe as I read through the chart of my patient. I have no idea why this patient has been assigned to me since I'm more into cardiology but I've studied the rest too.

I look at the time asn notice that fifteen minutes have gone by, I dispose of the now empty cup and head into the elevator.

I press the fourth floor and wait for it to take me there. It dings and I exit heading into the third room making sure to knock before entering.

 It dings and I exit heading into the third room making sure to knock before entering