39|PLAN GONE WRONG

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 39

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 39

"Hello?" I answer making sure to keep my eyes on the road. "Time is running out, my love." He answers.

"I know" I sigh. "Then why the hell aren't you home?!" He snaps. "Nkosinathi I'm driving, I don't have time for this. " I click my tongue.

"I'm awaiting you arrival, I want you back here by Friday. Don't keep me waiting, I'm a very impatient man" He hangs up as I pull up to Zinhle's driveway.

I lock the car and enter the house. I walk in to find my princess all dolled up.

A smile pulls onto my face as all my worries leave my mind. She runs up to me and I carry her in my arms.

"You look so beautiful" I twirl her around. "Thank you" She wraps her arms around me.

"Let's go or we're going to be late" Lerato walks in with Melokuhle. I hand her the keys as we walk out.

"E tsamaile jwang?" She asks as we get into the car. "Hantle haholo, re tla tsamaya bosiung bona" I say as she drives off.

"Ke tla le hloloheloa haholo" She sighs.
"Le rona re tla o hloloheloa." I mimick her and she laughs as we pull up to the venue.

We get out of the car and walk towards the entrance. Sihle is taken to the back while we take seats, waiting for the show to start.

My knee anxiously statts to shake as my mind drifts off for a moment. "Motsoalle, na u hantle?" Lerato asks.

"I'm fine. But something feels wrong, Lerato'' I watch as the lights dim and the spotlight goes on.

"Everything's fine, you're just being paranoid like usual' She tries to assure me. Maybe I am being paranoid.

I snap out of my thoughts and watch the show as the little ballerina's dance around the stage.

They finsih thair dance and we clap their hands as two more other classes perform right after them.

At the end of the recital the lights are switched on and a special thanks is announced by the head of the academy.

I hold Melokuhle's hand as we exit the hall waiting for Sihle to walk out from the changing rooms.

Lerato comes back with a bag of snaks, I don't know where she got those from and I'm not even going to ask.

"What? A girl has cravings" She shrugs as she sees the look I'm giving her. Sohle comes out of the changing room and runs towards us.

We walk out of the building with he boasting about how she enjoyed her solo and performance.

How to hell am I gonna tell them that we're relocating, again?! I push my thoughts away as we walk towards the car.

Sihle drops her shoes and we wait for her to pick them up, as we're about to continue walking she turns in the opposite direction.

"Sphesihle, where-?!" My breath gets caught in my throat as my blood runs cold.

"Hobaneng o shebahala jwalo...." Lerato's voice trails down as she looks in my direction.

Melokuhle's hand tightens against mine. "Ke kopa o mo ise koloing, ke tla lata Sihle" I try handing Melokuhle to her but he declines, stil practically clinging onto me.

I look up to find him walking closer. "Wenzani lapha?" I try to keep my cool. "Ngikhona ngenxa yakho, asambeni" He calmly answers.

"Cha, asiyi ndawo. Sihle, come" I reach for her and she hides her head in his neck.

Yoh, Thixo!

"Sphesihle" I say firmly and he let's her go. She walks to Lerato who carries her. "Ngicela uhambe" I turn around to leave but he stops me.

"Mina nawe sidinga ukukhuluma. Manje" I continue walking towards the car, I place both of the twins in and look at Lerato.

"Please take them to my place, I don't want them involved in all of this." I say to her.

"What about you? I can't leave you here, with him" She glances at him. "I'll be fine, I'll catch a cab back" I close the door and walk back to him.

I watch as she hesitantly drives away. "Why the hell is she driving away with my children?" He raises his voice.

"I trust her with them more than I do woth you" I lie. I know very well that he won't do anything to hurt them but I need him off my back if I want to run away from all this.

"Follow me" He turns around and I hesitantly follow behind him. We reach a black car and he opens the door for me.

I get in and he closes the door before jogging to the other side. He closes his door and just stares at me.

"Talk, I don't have all day" I roll my eyes. "You're going back home with me tommorow" He informs.

"You must be sick in the head if you think I'm leaving with you" I laugh. "Maybe, I'll comw fetch you and the kids tommorow afternoon, don't try anything stupid before then" He adds.

"Why don't you get that I want nothing to do with you?! Huh? I don't want to go back to South Africa! I'm prefectly fine here" I feel tears threatening to fall downy eyes.

"What you want doesn't matter, not to me atleast" He chuckles lowly. "You make me sick! You're ruining my life, I just want to be away from you. You've done nothing but make my life a living hell" I sarcastically chortle.

"You weren't saying that when I had you under me a few months ag-'' Without even thinking, I land a loud slap to his cheek.

Within seconds I have his hand wrapped around my throat, restricting my breathing.

I claw at his hand using my nails, as I try to loosen his grip around my neck. I look up to see the rage in his eyes.

"Don't you, ever raise your hand at me. Understood?" He tightens his grip. "Y-Yes" I choke out and he let's go of me.

We sit in silence as I try to get my breathing back on track. He starts the car as I look out the window.

Before he can say anything my phone rings and a name flashes across the screen.

'Lindelani💙'