42|FACE YOUR DEMONS

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 42

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 42

"What did you just say?'' He immediately let's go of me

"What did you just say?'' He immediately let's go of me. "I-I'm pregnant" I repeat, while trying to avoid his gaze.

"You have to be fucking kidding me Zanothando. . . You had sex with that bastard?!" He shouts.

"L-Lindelani..." I keep quiet letting him speak. "Do you know what he'll do once he finds out that you're pregnant?" He chuckles lowly.

"It wasn't my intention, It was a mistake I wasn't planning on getting pregnant" I feel tears rolling down my face.

"Lungile is going to kill you" He whispers. "Thandolwethu, I thought I warned you to stay away from him. That man is a fucking psychopath!" He snaps.

"Ngicela wehlise umoya" I mutter when I see his fist shaking. "Ufuna ngehlise umoya wazi kahle ukuthi ukhulelwe ne ngane yakhe?!" He lets out a venomous laugh.

"Lindelani" I hiss when his fist collides with the wall. I reach for my phone dialling Lungile's number.

"Hello?" He immediately answers. "I-I'ts Lindelani. . . He hasn't taken his pills. His hand's are shaking a-" he cuts me off.

"I'm on my way, try to keep him calm" he hangs up and I throw my phone back on my bed.

"L-Lungile you need to calm down. Please" I try reaching for him. "Don't fucking touch me!" He moves away.

"Stay away from me" He adds while pacing around the room. "I'm just trying to help you, you need to take your pills" I try to reason with him.

"I don't need to take anything. I'm not crazy" He mutters while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You have to do it, for the safety of yourself and others" I stand up and walk over to his side.

"I'm fine" He sighs. "Please, do it for me" I softly smile. "You should've asked before you told me you were pregnant." He bluntly replied while casually folding his arms.

I open my mouth to say something but decide against it. If he wants to play petty then so be it.

"Olothando wouldn't want to see you like this, both her and Aphiwe" I shrug my arms.

"Don't bring them into this. I'm not taking that shit, I've been clear for years now" He rolls his eyes.

"It doesn't mean that you aren't dangerous. I saw your hand shaking Lindelani. Angisona isilima mina" I raise my voice a little.

"Angishongo ukuthi uyisilima. Suka ebhizinisini lami futhi ugxile emshadweni wakho ohlukumezayo" He chortles with a small smirk.

I remain silent while staring at him. "Awufanele usizo lwami, hlupheka wedwa" Just as I finish saying that Lungile barges into the room.

I just get up and walk out of the room. "Uyaphi?" Lungile grabs my arm. "Ngilambile, ngisayodla" I snatch my arm away from him.

"She's probably going to feed that baby she's carrying" Lindelani prettily yells out.

"Yini?" Lungile pulls me back. "You're pregnant" He says slowly waiting for my answer.

"Yebo" I bluntly reply. "You're pregnant" He says more to himself this time. "You're fucking pregnant, with his baby?!" He shouts.

I quickly walk out of the room wanting to avoid any more conflict. "Buya, asikakaqedi ukukhuluma nawe!" Lindelani screams as I walk down the hallway.

"Is everything okay ma'am?" Cynthia asks as I enter the kitchen. "Ndiright ma" I sigh as I sit on the couch.

She looks at me with a questioning look. "I'm fine" I repeat and she goes back to preparing dinner.

"Your multi vitamins are on the top cabinet, the doctor advised that to you take them" She informs and I nod in response.

Lindelani walks into the kitchen. "Good evening Ms. Cynthia" Lindelani greets her.

She looks at them before rolling her eyes, continuing with her cooking. "Haibo. Good evening Ms. Cynthia" He repeats a little louder.

"I heard you" She responds. "What have I done now?" He asks. "You're stressing the poor girl, this is bad for the baby. Why are you even here? Huh?" She closes the pot and places her hands on her hips.

"I own this house" Lindelani tells her. "And I manage it, so what?" She scoffs. "Get out of my kitchen" She orders.

"Kodwa mam'Cynthia-" He tries to protest. "Out!" She yells and he grabs my hand pulling me out with him.

"Let go of me!" I snatch my hand away from his. "You need to talk to Lungile" He hurriedly says.

"W-What? Why?" I freeze.

"He's in his room, talking to Rorisang on the phone. This whole pregnancy shit is eating him inside. He's livid" He sighs.

"Have you taken your pills" I find myself asking, he remains silent while avoiding my gaze.

"Go take your pills Lindelani, please" I plea and he walks away without a word. "Lindelani'' I call oiy and he ignores me.

I walk down to Lungile's room. I knock on the door twice. 'Come in' He simply answers and I slowly open the door.

I wnter and close it behind myself. "What do you want?" He asks without looking up from his phone.

"C-Can we please talk?" I stutter trying to find my words. He switches off his phone before motioning for me to sit next to him.

"Khuluma" He says after a few seconds of silence. "I'm sorry" I start by saying. "Uxoliselani kahle kahle?" He lowly chuckles.

"For everything, I know that me and the twins being here is a burden already, me being pregnant just adds onto your plate-" He cuts me off.

"You are not a burden. You're my little sister, it's my responsibility to keep you safe. You being here doesn't burden me in any way, Nkosazana" He stops me.

"I'm just disappointed in you" He sighs. I'm disappointed in me too Lungile. "I understand, it's not everyday that I get impregnated by my crazy husband" I mutter.

"I love you Thingo but this whole feud between you and Nkosinathi has to come to an end" He finally says.

"What do you mean?" I frown. "For the sake of your unborn baby, you need to put your children first. This whole moving from one country to another thing has to stop." He holds both my hands in his.

"You need to stop running away and face your demons".