─ 33. desperately seeking

Start from the beginning

I took a deep breath and fumbled with my casted hands to open the door.

It swung open, and Mister Jeon stood in front of me, peering down at me with his expressive doe eyes.

"Mister Jeon? What are you doing here?" I asked, head cocking to the side. Mister Jeon shoved his tattooed hands in the pockets of his jeans and pressed his tongue against his cheek; creating a bulb shape.

I swallowed harshly and avoided looking at the attractive gesture.

"Victor called me and said that the trip had been prolonged," Mister Jeon sighed once my face fell.

Crackers.

"He asked if I could watch over you and make sure you make it to your appointment tomorrow...so I guess you'll be staying longer." He slightly grinned at the horror on my face.

"...what..?" I mumbled, thoughts flying in and out of my mind. Oh gosh, how was I going to get out of this? Was there even a way to get out of this? No. Vic wouldn't do this to me...I mean he knows how I feel about being around Mister Jeon...and if the trip was going to end up taking longer than planned...well, wouldn't they tell me instead of him?

If this turns out to be true...well I know exactly what I'll do the second my casts comes off and Vic is in the vicinity. I'll wrap my hands around his scrawny little neck and choke him...just a little bit. Just a little bit.

Mister Jeon watched me struggle for something to say, face softening.

I backed away from him.

"I'm twenty years old...I'm capable of taking care of myself, Mister Jeon...thanks for stopping by." I said, forcing a fake smile on my lips. Using my elbow to close the door, I was startled when Mister Jeon's combat boot stopped the door from fully closing.

"No can do, sweetie." Mister Jeon pursed his lips and looked down at me sternly; as if was Dae he was scolding and not me. An adult.

But it still intimidated me.

But I wouldn't let it show that his natural born dominance bothers me. I couldn't let it.

"Look," He sighed, finally softening when he looked down at me. "I know this isn't ideal...but I'll even let you call Victor from my phone." He said, one hand leaving his pocket to hold his sleek phone out to me, he unlocked it and clicked onto my brother's contact, doe eyes pleading for me to do something. To say something.

Without wasting a second, I snatched the phone from him, flinching when my skin skimmed his - tingles racing down my spine. I held the phone between my casts and clicked on the call icon beside Vic's name.

It may have been a rude gesture, but I turned my back and walked back inside the house, leaving the door open. Mister Jeon watched me, mouth slightly agape when I lifted a trembling hand to my ear.

"Vic?" I asked once he picked up. I heard my brother suck in a sharp breath at the trembling tone in my voice.

Feeling the warm phone screen on my cheek and ear, I turned around and scampered back to my bedroom, leaving Mister Jeon to let himself in.

Oh my crackers.

Oh my crackers.

"Please tell me this isn't true," I whispered, hearing the door shut downstairs. Vic let out a couple sighs and finally started to speak.

"...El..."

My eyes bulged from my sockets. "You have to be kidding me...really? Vic...I know you're worried about me...but I really am okay." I tried to convince him to trust that I can take care of myself this once. I wasn't a baby.