Chapter 33: First Part

Start from the beginning

"If that's your definition of capable, then it's not a wonder why we're always so busy," sabi ni Kuya Pierce na walang kangiti-ngiting pinagmamasdan sila. "Kami lagi ang tagasalo ng mga hindi niyo magawang ayusin."

"She was shot at when she was with you!" Harrison hissed.

I could almost see it. The way he will slump unconscious to the floor once I'm through with him. I don't care if any of his bodyguards get a good hit on me, as long as I can hit him once.

That accident wasn't supposed to happen. We made sure of Tiara's safety. But because of the leak, not just Tiara's life was put in danger. I don't need someone like Harrison Radley reminding me of that. Not when he's one of the reasons why the shooting happened in the first place.

"And yet she's still breathing." I stepped closer to him, and he moved back on instinct. Even the most foolish man on the planet can understand and feel the anger that is vibrating around me. "And yet, she wasn't missing. She's not somewhere out there, scared of what's about to happen to her. She's not out there wondering if anyone will save her. Until you made sure of all of that, because you couldn't protect her!"

"You—"

"I'm going to find her, and when I do, I will never let anyone of you take her away."

Out of these pretensions, this is the one thing that is true. There is no way I will let her out of my sight. There's no way in hell that I'm letting her go again. The world will need to be split in two, and the ocean needs to drown all the land on Earth before I will let anyone separate us again.

"You need to get out." Emeric glanced at their guards. "What are you all waiting for? Get them out."

I pretended to struggle as they dragged us out of the house. I could easily escape from their hold, but I let them do what they needed to do. Until I saw one of them holding Luna roughly that she's stumbling on her feet.

The grip of the two guards holding me was firm, but I managed to maneuver myself out of their hold. I heard one of them grunt when I used my elbow to hit one of his pressure points. Nang makakawala ako sa kanila ay kaagad na lumapit ako sa kinaroroonan ni Luna.

I could hear commotion behind me, and I know that my brothers have noticed what I have seen. Sa malalaking hakbang ay narating ko ang kinaroroonan nila pero bago pa ako lubos na makalapit ay nangibabaw sa paligid ang malakas na sigaw ng lalaki nang iangat ni Luna ang paa niya at idiniin niya ang matulis niyang takong sa paa niyon.

I watched as Luna dove under the man's arm, and then she drove her elbow into his solar plexus. Walang nagawa ang lalaki kundi pakawalan siya. Pero hindi pa ro'n nakuntento si Luna dahil bigla na lang umigkas ang paa niya at tumama iyon sa pagitan ng mga hita ng lalaki.

I couldn't help the wince that came out of me. I wasn't alone because I could hear reactions coming from behind me as well. I may not like these people, but as a man, it's hard to watch what she just did without imaging the excruciating pain he's in. Hindi na nakakapagtakang napatiklop sa sahig ang lalaki habang sapo ang hinaharap niya.

Luna flipped her hair off her shoulders. Pagkatapos niyon ay pinapagpag ang mga kamay na bumaling siya sa akin. "Tara na kuya. I don't want to be here any longer. Ang papangit ng mga tao dito."

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing. Naiiling na hinila ko siya palapit sa akin at iginaya ko siya sa kinaroroonan ng mga kapatid namin. Inihatid ko siya hanggang makarating kami sa sasakyan na dala ni Kuya Trace na siyang kasabay niya kanina.

"Are you hurt?" Wala ang kalimitang masayahing ekspresyon sa mukha ni Kuya Trace. He raised Luna's arm a bit as if to inspect her.

"Hindi naman. Mas nasaktan ang isang 'yon," sabi ng babae at matalim ang tingin na nilingon ang nakahiga pa rin sa semento na lalaki.