Chapter 17.

Later on, I wake up from my nap to my phone going off.

Incoming call: Sammy.

"What do you want?" I groan, answering the phone.

"Come over"

"Are you fucking crazy? Do you know how much trouble we'd BOTH be in if anyone found out."

"In other words..." I roll my eyes as he continues because I already know where this is going, "'I can't Sammy. Because I can't control myself around you. Because it's only obvious how much I'd rather be with you than my boyfriend'"

"Don't put words in my mouth, Wilkinson."

"But they're true.."

"They are not!" I argue.

He proudly says, "Prove it," before hanging up on me.

--

Oh, he's good. I think to myself as I jump up and get dressed. I rush into the bathroom and brush my teeth before putting my foundation on and rustling my hair so the waves look a tad bit nicer. I take one last look in the mirror before grabbing my bag and walking out of my house, deciding to walk to Sammy's so no one sees my car there.

I understand that I shouldn't have to be this sneaky about things if he's just a friend, but if Matt saw my car parked outside of Sammy's house he would throw the biggest bitch fit ever and if one of his teammates saw my car parked outside of Sammy's house they would tell him and it would cause even more tension and problems.

--

I impatiently ring the doorbell three times before Sammy finally opens it in a white t-shirt and some grey shorts that he's probably sagging too much, but I'm surprisingly not complaining about.

"You know, you're a sneaky little bastard.. You knew I would insist on actually proving it to you..." I say as I push pass him and walk into his house, plopping myself down on his living room carpet and resting my head against the couch behind me.

"It got you here, didn't it?" He smirks as he closes his front door and walks over to a stack of movies that he already has piled up on the dining room table.

I listen as he hums softly while he picks a movie and walks back into the living room, placing it into the DVD player and quickly pressing play.

"Popcorn?" He asks, looking down at me. I shake my head and he shrugs before sitting down next to me, dangerously close.

The opening scene of Lords of Dogtown starts and I let out a quiet gasp. Does he really remember that it's- my thoughts get interrupted by Sammy's voice, "One of your favorites. I know, I'm good."

Throughout almost the whole first half of the movie I feel Sammy's eyes on me as I try to focus on the familiar storyline playing out in front of me for the millionth time.

"I'll be back.." He mutters suddenly, before getting up and disappearing upstairs. Just as quickly as he left, he ascends back down the stairs with a blanket in hand. He sits back down next to me and throws the blanket over both of our legs. Comfy.
I suddenly feel his cold hand rest on my thigh under the blanket, causing me to turn and face him.

"We're not doing this again... And we shouldn't have kissed again earlier. We aren't doing that again either," I say before playfully nudging his shoulder a little in attempt to try and push aside the sudden tension I feel form between the two of us.

He leans closer to my ear and whispers a quick "okay" before removing his hand from my thigh and placing it on top of the blanket..

--