Chapter 14..

The Next Day

I groggily rub my eyes as I'm woken up by the buzzing of my phone on my bedside table
Incoming call: Sammy.

"What?" I say sternly answering the phone.

"We have a project to work on"

I pull my phone away from my ear and squint, reading the time,
"It's 9 in the morning, Wilkinson. What the fuck?"

"Aka, Its too early for me and my mean ass hangover, give me until 2"

"I'm not even the slightest bit hungover," I lie, "I'll be there in 10 minutes"

--

I walk into Sammy's house 30 minutes later with sunglasses on my face and a pounding headache. Much to my surprise, Sammy already has everything we need to finish the project out on his dining room table and a glass of water with two advils sitting in front of an empty seat across from him. He holds his hand out, gesturing for me to take the advils and take a seat.

"Thanks.." I mumble.

He nods, saying your welcome before explaining what we need to do in order to finish the project. We get to work, and after an hour of silence Sammy looks up at me, "how's the headache?"

"Almost nonexistent, thanks," I reply, without taking my eyes off of my work.

"Welp, I'm done with my half" he claps his hands, causing me to wince.

"I'm not even halfway done.. How did that happen?"

"I gave you a bigger workload," he smiles, "Need help?"

I nod my head yes and he immediately moves from sitting across the table, to next to me. He talks me through the rest of the PowerPoint, telling me what to put and trying to give me tips on how to format it. I don't NEED Sammy's help, I mean, I'm like the PowerPoint queen, but it was a total dick move waking me up early and giving me the bigger workload with my hangover.

Soon enough, Sammy takes over, reaching his arms over me to type. Without even realizing, I end up looking at him as he makes sure to tell me exactly what he's typing. I watch as his mouth moves individually with every word he speaks. Suddenly, he turns to me, questioning, "what do you think?"

I snap back to reality and begin to feel my face heat up when I realize that I was totally just staring at him that whole time, "W-what?"

"The PowerPoint, it's done. You think it's acceptable?" I can hear the smile in his voice. I'm not sure if it's because he's proud of us finishing the project, or if it's because he realized that I was staring at him.

I scan the PowerPoint over, flipping through the slides, "it's great. So I guess that means we're done?"

"Yep.." He mumbles, scooting away from me and standing up, "well, it's still early so I guess you got lucky, it's not another wasted day"

What is that supposed to mean?

"You know my first game is on Monday..." I say, trying to start a lasting conversation.

"Yeah, I know. It's comeback time!" He says, his mood completely changing and his eyes lighting up.

"I'm kind of nervous.." I admit as I stand up from my seat and walk over to him. I haven't told anybody, but I really am, what if I'm just not as good as I used to be?

"You'll be fine. You're Alexia Gonzalez. Remember that one time we decided to play a game of 21? You beat me so bad," he chuckles.

I smile, remembering that day. It was during the time that we were messing around and that was the longest game of 21 I've ever played. No one was around that day and Sammy kept stopping the game to make out with me. After I won, he ended up getting all mad and wouldn't talk to me.