Chapter 8.

As soon as the bell rang for the end of the day, I rushed out of my 6th period and to my locker. I quickly grabbed what I needed and rushed out to my car. I didn't want to run into anyone, or rather, I didn't want to run into Sammy. Matt had athletics for 6th period and right after was practice so I didn't have to worry about him. I wasted no time backing out of my parking spot and speeding off to my house.

As soon as I got home I walked in to find a note from my mom on the coffee table:

Meeting.
I should be home @ 9.
Maya should be home @ 7.
There's money for pizza.
Love you, Mom.

Great, another night alone. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of popcorn from the cabinet. As I placed it into the microwave and began to cook it I heard a knock on my front door.

I hesitated before walking over and answering it. As soon as I opened the door, I regretted it.

"Are you gonna let me in or?"
My mouth hung open as I watched Sammy push pass me and into my house. He looked around as I slowly closed the door, "Where's your mom? I thought you guys were doing something?" I slowly walked over to the couch and sat down, "S-something uh, came up.." he nodded, knowing that I had lied to him. "...and maya?" I looked at him questioningly, he never asked about my sister. I shrugged, "She's probably at practice or something, I don't know." It was starting to get awkward and I knew he sensed it.

"Well, I just came for my backpack. I need my basketball shorts for practice..." I nodded, "it's upstairs hold on." As I jumped up from the couch and began to walk up the stairs he muttered something that I couldn't make out. I grabbed his dark blue backpack and rushed back down the stairs. Once I got to the last step I saw Sammy had sat down on my couch and was now looking through one of my notebooks. He looked up at me and smiled softly, "sorry.. I was hoping you'd have some notes, I wasn't really paying attention today." I shook my head no and handed his backpack to him as he stood up.

"So, where's matt?" Without even thinking I answered, "He's at football practice. He should be home by seven, if you-" my eyes grew wide when I realized that I just showed Sammy that I knew more about Matt than he wanted me to. He nodded, "That's what I thought.. Thanks Alexia." I stood paralyzed as I watched him walk out my front door. Fuck.

I sat back down on the couch, burying my face in my hands. It's not that I didn't want Sammy to ever find out, because he would have eventually, it's just.. I don't know. I looked at my homework sitting on the coffee table and decided to just start it and get it over with. As soon as I opened my notebook I saw the words, "Forgive me already /:" sloppily written on the first page. I sighed and ripped it out, folding it neatly and shoving it into my pencil bag.

//10:00 that night\\
As soon as I laid down and got comfortable my phone went off.
1 text message from: Matthew. 😍
"Sorry I haven't texted. ):
Good night, cupcake. 😘❤️"
I texted him back assuring him that it was okay and telling him good night as well.

I set my phone back down and finally got comfortable again, but then my phone started to go off like crazy.
A groan escaped my lips as I reached over and swiped it off of my bedside table.
1 text message from: Sammy.
"Yo, you didn't have to lie to me.."
1 text message from: Sammy.
"Like, idc what you do"
Here it goes...
1 text message from: Sammy.
"Just don't understand why you chose him, lol. You'll get bored"
1 text message from: Sammy.
"At least now I don't have to worry about turning down all the girls who have been hitting me up just to make sure you don't feel like shit 😉"

I didn't want to read anything else he had to say. He was starting to come off as an ass... AGAIN. I turned my phone off and threw it back onto my bedside table. "What a douche," I mumbled as I turned on my side and fell asleep under my blankets.

//The next day\\
I walked into school and walked straight over to Matt and his football buddies. I was still so aggravated because of Sammy's texts last night.
"Hey you" Matt said placing a hand on my waist and pulling me closer to him, placing a quick peck on my lips.
I could hear Sam scoff from a little ways away. Without thinking, I grabbed Matt's face and turned it to face me again. I crashed my lips against his and hungrily kissed him. He pulled away and chuckled, leaning his forehead against mine, "I could get used to that.."

After we said our goodbyes, Matt and I departed and went in opposite directions for our first class of the day.
I got into AP Bio and took my seat next to Ebony. She turned to me and excitedly said, "Tell me everything"
"Sam is a dick.." I said quietly as I jotted down the notes already written on the board. I could feel her eyes on me, "Oh, okay, yeah... Not what I meant..."
I slammed my pencil down on my desk and turned in my stool to face her, "Can you believe he texted me last night and was like, "now I don't have to worry about turning down all the girls who have been hitting me up just to make sure you don't feel like shit"? Like what even is that? UGH." I watched as her eyes blinked a few times before she responded with, "Stop worrying about him. You have a cute, jock boyfriend now, stupid!"

I smiled at the thought of Matt.
He WAS a cute jock, wasn't he?

For the next 30 minutes of class I tried my hardest to focus on the lesson, but all I could think about was one of the things that Sammy had said...
I quietly put my pen down and peered up at Ebony, "Eb...?"
"What's up Lex?"
I paused for a moment looking at Ebony's worried stare before quietly saying, "Do you think I'll get bored with or of Matt?"
Almost immediately her head shot back up and she kept her eyes on the board when she responded with a, "You never know..."

I couldn't focus for the rest of the day, and second period when Matt was trying to talk to me I was only able to nod or shake my head. Every time he kissed me during lunch I attempted to kiss him passionately enough to reassure myself that this was what I wanted. After school I rushed home and just threw myself onto my bed.

Why am I letting Sammy get to me? Obviously I chose Matt for a reason..
As soon as I saw Matt I wanted something with him...

My thoughts were interrupted by knocking on my window. I sighed heavily before walking over to my balcony and looking down to see Matt smiling up at me. I felt a smile growing on my face, "Shouldn't you be at practice?!" He shrugged, "Shouldn't you be letting me in, since I'm obviously ditching for you?"
I nodded before rushing downstairs and opening the door for him. As soon as the door cracked open a little bit he pushed himself into my home and wrapped his arms around my neck, hugging me close to him.

My cheeks were hurting because of how much I was smiling. Why did I ever let Sammy get to me like that?
"You seemed really bothered today so I jus wanted to make sure my girl was okay.." He said, sitting down on my couch, pulling me down into the seat next to him. I turned to face him, "I'm so much better now.. Thank you.."

We ended up doing homework for a while and then when we finished we just kind of cuddled on the couch and watched Netflix. It was exactly what I needed to reassure me that I wanted to try things out with Matt.

//8:00 that night\\
Just as Matt kissed me goodbye I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.
I closed the door behind him and looked at my screen,
1 text message from: Sammy.
"Can I come over?"
Oh, you can't be serious..
I took a deep breath and texted him back, hesitating a little before I pressed send.. I hope I don't regret this.

SAMMY'S POV

My phone lit up in my hand,
1 text message from: Lex. 🙊
"How about you just leave me alone for a while..?" I threw my phone to the side in frustration.

Whatever, I'll win her back.

A/N: I don't know how I feel about this chapter...