Chapter 11.

FEBRUARY.

One week has passed since that phone call with Sammy, and amazingly, I haven't had to deal with him.

It's the 6th, a Thursday, and since Sammy has been M.I.A lately, it's actually been a pretty good day.
But of course, I'm running late to fourth again.

As I'm rushing up the stairs to the second floor, the sound of giggles and whispers catch my attention. I curiously look over the banister and see Sammy with Monica, one of the more recent girls on his "To-Do" list.
She's pushed up against the wall and while his hands are slowly creeping up her bare thighs, his lips are placing kisses all along her neck.

Ouch. I guess that's what they meant by 'curiosity kills the cat'

I practically force myself to stop looking at them and continue rushing up the rest of the stairs and into my class.

It's no surprise that Sammy walks into class a few seconds after me with that stupid fucking smirk on his face.
He's such a dog, why would I ever think it was okay to waste my time on him?

I jump a little in my seat when my phone goes off, pulling me out of my thoughts.

1 text message from: Johnson. 👱
Heads up! Melendrez is assigning some wack ass project today 😒

I look up and see my Spanish teacher already passing out the details on the project and the list of partners. As soon as he places the list of partners down on my desk I anxiously scan it looking for my name while repeating the same phrase over and over again in my head;
Please don't be Sammy.
Please don't-
Almost as if on cue mine and Sammy's heads shoot up and we stare at each other with wide eyes.

Fuck..

-

Once class is over Sammy rushes to catch me out in the hall.

"Hey, so about the project..." he starts

"Sammy it's cool. I'll just do it and put your name on it."

"What?! Alexia you aren't even that good with Spanish."

I cross my arms across my chest, "Well neither are you..."

He stares at me, scanning me up and down before replying, "That's why we really have no choice but to work together."

I quickly suggest asking Melendrez if we can switch partners after school, but it's obvious that Sammy isn't up for it.

He stares me down for a second,
"I told you, you were being a brat,"
he mumbles.

"I'M NOT BEING A BRAT."
I hate him so much.

"Then just work with me!"

"Fine!" I agree. "Just meet me in the library after school."

He looks at me questioningly, "you don't want to meet at your place or my place?"

I couldn't help but glare at him, "My BOYFRIEND's practice ends at like 7 and I like to surprise him with food and shit," I say matter-of-factly.

He shrugs and then walks off with his hands in his pockets.

-

AFTER SCHOOL

I've been sitting in this stupid library for 20 minutes already and there's still no sign of Sammy.

"I give up" I mumble as I gather my stuff and rush out of the library. There's no way I'm going to sit here and wait any longer for him.

I hear a boy calling my name as I reach the parking lot outside of the school.
"You were late, go away Sammy!" I yell as I continue walking to my car.