Chapter 16. | Valentine's Night.

After Matt's game

"Reservations for 2 under the name Gonzalez"

"Right this way"

As the waiter gets us situated at our table, Matt mumbles something.

"What was that?" I giggle as I pick up the menu and scan it over.

"I just hate that YOU set this up. I'm the boyfriend, you know?"

A small giggle escapes my lips as I feel the waiter's presence disappear.

"It's not funny.." He groans, looking over the menu.

"Babe, chill. You had a game, THAT YOU WON, to worry about. You can plan things next time a big occasion comes up."

He leans over the table and pecks my lips, "you're the best, you know that?"

I flip my hair as Matt starts to recite his order to the waiter that I didn't even notice came back.

"And for the hair flipper?" the waiter asks.

"Oh uhm-"

"She'll have the Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and gravy... the country style gravy, not the brown," Matt answers.

The waiter nods, taking our menus and walking away.

"How'd I do?" Matt asks, smiling at me.

"Great actually. I'm surprised you even remembered that I like that stuff."

"Babe. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?"

"I nod before leaning over the table and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

But there was alfredo... I mentally pout, Alfredo is my absolute favorite.

--

"Babe?" Matt asks quizzically, "what's wrong?"

"Huh?" I stutter looking up at him and dropping the fork I was just using to poke at my country fried steak.

"You're just sorta picking at your food with this blank stare.. You're not even talking to me.."

"I'm sorry. I was just thinking about tonight."

He smiles softly and grabs my hand, "Look... The past two months with you have been great. The game went great. This dinner is great. And when we get back to the hotel, we'll be together and things will be great. Stop putting so much thought into everything.."

"It's just.. I don't want to regret anything..." My eyes quickly widen when I realize what I just said. Fuck.

He looks at me questioningly for about the millionth time tonight, not exactly understanding what I'm implying, but when he quickly catches on his whole face changes.

"O-oh... Well I mean, you really like me, I really like you. Why would we regret it, right?"

I nod my head in agreement, knowing damn well in the back of my mind that, that's not right. That "really liking someone" is no real reason, at least not to me, to have sex with them. But now I have to do it. Now the pressure is really on because now he knows.

I glance up at him and notice excitement in his eyes as he continues eating; Nice going, Lex. Now he's expecting it. Tonight.

--

We walk into the hotel room after dinner, Matt's arms wrapped tightly around my waist, "You know, I'm so happy you decided to come all the way out here for me even after I was being a dick.." he whispers into my ear before letting go of me and allowing me to sit down on the bed with him close to my side.