Chapter 13.

Matt and I walk into Nate's teen-filled, booze smelling, house hand-in-hand... After we left Sammy's, we decided to just go to the mall and shop together for the party. Once we found what we wanted to wear we went back to my house and got ready together. It was nice.

"You look cute with me, you know that?" Matt comments, smiling down at me.

I let out a little giggle, "I'm gonna go find Ebony, how about you think of the next smooth thing you're going to say while finding us some drinks?"

"You got it" he says placing a quick kiss on my lips before we both head our separate ways. I immediately head outside to the backyard. Ebony is almost never inside during parties.

"Well, well, well.. If it isn't my, almost always missing, best friend.."

"Lex!" She quickly hugs me, "I'm so sorry I've just been so busy with--"

"Cameron?" I cut her off, smiling.

"I WISH! But no, I've been busy with Melendrez's project and soccer, I'm sorry!"

I laugh a little, "It's fine, crazy. I know how you feel. But we definitely need a girls day okay?"

"Yes! Of course! Just say when!"

All of a sudden, Cameron grabs her attention by yelling from the other end of the yard, "Ebs, you wanna dance?"

She quickly turns her head back to me, almost as if to ask if it was okay to go, "Ebony! Go! Maybe you'll be busy with Cameron soon after all," I wink.

--

Matt and I have been at this party for an hour and we've basically spent that time sitting in a circle with Johnson, Gilinsky, Ebony, Cameron, and Nate just talking about everything and anything and drinking. I can't even explain how nice it feels to be surrounded by all these good vibes and my boyfriend and some of my best friends.

I have to pee, so I excuse myself and head upstairs. The main bathroom is occupied so I decide to just use the one in Nate's little brother, Stew's, room. As soon as I stumble out the bathroom door when I'm done, I see Sammy sitting on the bed with a cup in his right hand, looking down at his phone.

I decide to just take a chance and be nice for the night, since we kinda got along earlier today.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting next to him on the bed.

"Nothing.." he pouts.

"That's annoying, just tell me."

"I just don't like seeing you and Matt.." He blurts out.

And that's my cue to leave. I get up and start walking over to the door.

"You deserve better. He chooses his friends and his team over you almost all the time.." he continues.

I stop at the closed door, my hand on the handle, "Sam, you don't even know what you're talking about. Just stop."

"I wouldn't treat you like that, you know.." He says looking up at me..

I turn the handle and open the door, stopping briefly before I leave, "You're right.. Because you would just tell me that you made a mistake kissing me, and that you can't be tied down; and fuck everything up instead." and with that I walk out the door and back downstairs, outside to my boyfriend.

--

SAMMY'S POV

I stay in Stew's room for a little before gaining the courage to walk back down the stairs and outside. The first thing I see is Matt with Alexia on his lap and the guys surrounding them. They're all talking and laughing and occasionally Matt and Alexia will exchange glances and then kiss for a little. They've been together a month and it still bugs me to see them together just as much as it did the first time. Matt's my friend, but Alexia was MY girl; it was only obvious.
I decide to join my friends and not care about how awkward it may become.