Chapter 10.

"MOOMM?! "MAYA?!" I yell as Matt and I enter my house. Matt looks around and then walks over to the counter in the kitchen,

"There's a note?" he says, sounding a bit unsure.

"Well read it then," I exclaim as I walk over to the kitchen and begin to dig out some grapes and strawberries and placing them in a big bowl.

"If you get home before us; Maya's staying at Beth's and I'm out for a GNO with some of the girls."

I shake my head, walking over to Matt as he sets the note back down.
No one is ever home anymore,
I thought as I grab his hand and lead him upstairs to my room.

-

Matt puts on a movie, but to be completely honest, we don't even watch it. A few minutes into the movie he turns to me and exclaims, "SAY AHH!" throwing a grape, hitting my nose.

"For a jock you have horrible aim." I laugh as I throw a grape at his chest.

He immediately places his hands over where the grape hit him and falls back as if I just shot him.

"Why is it suddenly getting c-cold..? Lex, c-come closer."

I shake my head and lightly giggle as I crawl over to him and hover my face over his, looking straight at his squinted eyes. He stutters the word closer as I lean in a little more.

"You're so annoyinnngg," I groan.

"C-closer, Lex.."

By this time our lips are already practically touching, but that immediately changes once he closes the space between them and begins leaving quick, soft, and sloppy kisses all over my face. I begin laughing as he continues while also managing to wrap his arms around my body, pulling himself up into a sitting position.

Stopping, he leans his forehead against mine and takes a deep breath,
"I gotta ask you a serious slash important question.." All I can keep repeating in my head is:
Please don't be about Sammy or tonight...

As I stare at him waiting for him to continue. He takes a deep breath before asking, "Can you tutor me in Math?"
I can't help but start busting up laughing as a small smile forms on his face as well.

"Aw, Matt.. You really are a dumb jock!"

"Only in math," he whines.

I place my hands on his cheeks and pull him closer to me, placing a quick peck on his perfectly shaped lips,
"Of course I'll tutor you."

-

Matt and I hear my mom stumbling into the house at around 2am and we both can't help but laugh as we're seated in the middle of my bed.

"Your mom parties harder than you," he teases.

"Shut up!" I giggle, lightly smacking his arm.

"Did you just hit me?"

I nod yes, "What are you gonna do about it?"

"And now you're taunting me? Getting a little comfortable, I see," he says before pushing me back on the bed, laying his body on top of mine.

"Get offfff, you're fat," I giggle as he repositions himself, propping his upper body up with his elbows.

"You're so mean to me.. Why do I even like you?"

"Because I'm super cute and irresistible, remember? Now get off of me so we can cuddle and fall asleep."

Right after I say the word cuddle, he rolls his body off of me and falls onto the side of me, wrapping his arms around my body. He pulls me in closer to him and places his head on top of mine.

I hear him whisper, "Good night Lex, I'm so happy I get to call you mine" before we both knock out.

-

I wake up the next morning with my phone going off and Matt snoring softly by my side.
I groggily reach over for my phone while trying not wake Matt up.
5 text messages from: Sammy.
2 missed calls from: Sammy.
Almost as if on cue, Matt groans a little in his sleep. Me too, babe.. I think as I scroll through Sammy's messages.

"Can't believe you talked to me like that last night"

"We needa talk this shit out already"

"Lex its 11 I know you're up"

"& I DO TAKE BALL SERIOUSLY"

"You're acting like a brat! 😒"

Once again, I throw my phone back to the spot I got it from. I lay back down and snuggle my face into Matt's chest as his arms wrap tighter around me.

-

Matt's mom calls around 1 this afternoon and tells him that he needs to come home and finish unpacking. He places a quick kiss on my forehead before he walks out of my bedroom door and down the stairs to leave.

As soon as I hear my front door shut, my phone starts to ring.
Incoming call: Sammy.
I decide to just answer it with hopes that he'll leave me alone after.

"Lex? You actually answered?"

"What do you want, Samuel?"

"We need to talk. I didn't appreciate how you disrespected me last night. And I'm pretty sure people saw. How do you think that makes me look and feel?"

I can feel my face heating up in frustration, oh no here comes the word vomit again..

"How do I think YOU feel?! ARE YOU BEING DEAD FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF AND WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK AND IT'S SO FUCKING PATHETIC AND ANNOYING."

I realize how loud I'm getting so I lower my voice before I continue,
"Do you ever think about how I feel? I mean, do you ever really take a step back from your stupid fucking fantasy world and think, 'damn.. I wonder how Alexia feels about all this shit.' Pull your head out of your ass already Sam."

By now, I can hear his voice shaking with anger a little on the other end as he begins to speak, "Look, you don't know what the fuck goes on in my head. You're acting like such a fucking brat over I don't even know what."

Oh, now he doesn't even know what's going on..? Typical.

I scoff, "Just leave me alone already okay? Let me be happy and let me enjoy being with Matt."

"YOU'RE ALREADY BORED"

"You don't know what the fuck goes on in my head," I say mockingly before hanging up on him.

Once again, my phone goes off in my hands before I set it down.
1 text message from: Sammy.
"We gotta talk about this sooner or later w/o us getting all pissed at each other & yelling & shit."

I slam my phone down on my bed as I feel my eyes start to well up with tears of frustration,
There's no way that can happen any time soon... Is there?

A/N: I decided to try a new writing method; present tense and a pretty different style.
I think I like it a lot better so I'll probably be sticking with it.👌