CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-THREE YEARS AGO-

-THREE YEARS AGO-

"You're lat-"

I burst into the apartment walking rushing past Amara. I went straight to Neuza's room and walked in not even thinking about anything.

"Neuza, he walked past me. I-"

"It's okay Amara," she gently replied getting up from her bed. "It's fine, please close the door."

I rushed to hug her tightly feeling like she'd break.

When Amara called me with the news, I rushed out. I didn't think about anything... I couldn't.

I- we just lost a child. Out of nowhere. No warning.

"Get off me please Hajoon," she asked in a small voice. I couldn't even believe she just said that.

"Wha-"

"Did you think I wouldn't find out? Your sister told me everything- what was her name again? Kim something-"

"Wait-," I interrupted seeing tears start to fall as she rambled. "I don't know what Suryeon said but things aren't like that. Ang-"

"Don't call me angel. You told me you loved me last year - did you have a date to marry that girl when you told me that? Tell me right now!"

"It isn't like that," I rushed out. "I do lov-"

"Tell me right now," she screamed out pushing me away. "Tell me right now Hajoon!"

"I did," I replied quietly. "I had a date but I wasn't lying to you... everything we have is genuine. I do love you Neuza-"

"How do you love me engaged to a whole other bitch," she gritted out trying to hit me as I held her arms. "You lied to me Hajoon... I hate you. How could you do this to me," she asked crying out.

"I was sorting it out," I rushed out, "I was going to resolve it. I want to be with you. I just-"

"Your sister told me this shit and took my baby away from me, how could she do that? How could she take that away from me? And what? You're engaged? But you were meant to be mine Hajoon! How could you and her do this to me on this day," she screamed out the last part still crying.

I held her close to my chest as she cried uncontrollably. I didn't know what to do to make her feel better.

Fuck, this hurts so bad.

"Neuza, I'm sorry. I'm gonna make it be-"

"Get the fuck off me," she cried out pushing me. "You're gonna make me losing my child because of shit your dumb ass sister told me better? Are you dumb? You could never make this better... ever."

"I'm sorry, baby... Suryeon-"

"Get out."

"Neuza I'm not leaving. I can't leave you like this," I sat on her bed. "Hit me. Scream at me the whole night. Hate me for this but... I'm not leaving you alone right now-"