Chapter 66- Cigarette

Start from the beginning

I kill a few more Walkers before we're finished, Sasha's on the ground at this point. 

"I told you to stop." Michonne grunts through gritted teeth.

Without a word, Sasha stands up and walks away, Abraham and I exchange glances. 

A few hours later, Carl says, "Dad, look." His finger points to a small group of cars at the bottom of the hill on the road. 

Hope rings through my body, igniting all of my blood and energizing me. 

"I'ma head out into the woods," Daryl notes. "Circle back." 

"May I come with?" Carol asks. 

"No." He says quickly, "No, just me."  With that, he sets off to the right.

Should I go with him? 

"No." Carol reads my mind. "Let him have his time alone." I nod and look back at the cars, 

Drugs. Please drugs. Oh yeah and food, that too.

I head towards a small blue Honda, resting just on the edge of the road. 

I pray silently to whatever god there is and open the door with a loud creak. The door is slightly knocked off the hinges so it's a little slanted when it's resting open. 

The inside of the car smelled like a mix of rotting steak and cheese. It was enough to make my eyes water and for me to turn and take a deep breath of fresh air. 

I lean back into the car and quickly search through it, trying to look through the car without breathing. 

The only thing I find are registration papers and an empty can of Fanta

"Asshole." I mutter, slamming the door shut and walking around to the trunk of the car. 

I pop the trunk of the car and look through the trunk, finding absolutely nothing. 

"Fuck dick." I groan, slamming the trunk closed and turning on my heel. 

I look and see Alyssa repeatedly stabbing a Walker out of anger. Probably hanger

"Anything?" Rick asks. 

I shake my head, "Just singed nose hairs." He nods and looks around at everyone. "Same." 

After a short while, everyone approaches my car where Rick and I are standing, and admit they found no more than I did. I can tell everyone is pissed off and disappointed. I don't think I've eaten for three days and every time I have a chance to, I tell Alyssa I've already eaten and I give the food to her.

"Let's just wait for Daryl to come back and we can head off." Rick says, walking and sitting at the edge of the road. 

I sigh and look at Alyssa who is wiping sweat off of her forehead. I get a quick hot flash and immediately walk over to where Rick is sitting and sit down near him. The rest of the group quickly follows. 

My body stays tese and ready for anything as I rest my back up against a tree, my sweat-drenched shirt clinging to my skin. 

Damien pants, "Think there's a pool around here?" 

I scoff, "Yeah, just a few more feet." 

A stick crunching quickly catches our attention and we all sit up immedeatly. Daryl emerges from the woods, foodless and sweaty. 

He nods to Rick as a silent, "Did you find anything?" And Rick shakes his head. Daryl sighs and steps out of the woods, approaching me and sitting next to me.