Chapter 17 - Friday, November 1st

I've never actually been jinxed before because someone hated me. I've had the occasional prank played on me, but this is pushing me past my breaking point.

I've been avoiding everyone besides Talia. The last time I went to the Great Hall was Tuesday because on my way out, I got hit with the Conjunctivitis Curse. I had to go to visit Madam Pomfrey because everything was completely blurry. And that was minutes after Alicia walked by and made my orange juice explode all over me. So I was sticky and blind.

On Wednesday, I got a nice Furnunculus Curse. This particular jinx causes pimples to cover your skin, and it didn't only appear on my face. We only just learned this jinx last week in DADA.

All of my issues were fixed by Madam Pomfrey, although she was becoming concerned with how often she was seeing me.

I haven't even spoken to Fred since Monday, and I sure wasn't going to break that chain tonight, no matter how much Talia begs for me to go to this Ravenclaw party. She eventually left, sulking and alone.

It's around 11 now, and I was halfway through a novel about a girl and a boy being forbidden to see each other by their respective friends groups.

A knock rips me away from the story, and I call out, "Come in!"

I wasn't expecting any visitors, but Fred walks in. I sit up, putting my book down on my side table, and quickly feel my bun to make sure it doesn't look like a rats nest.

"You look comfortable," Fred chuckles.

"I was," I respond. "Why're you here? Shouldn't you be at Ravenclaw?"

"I was just there, but I wanted to come here to apologize. George told me about what they're doing to you," Fred walks over to my bed and sits near my feet. "It's not fair."

"No, it's not," I agree with him. Nobody else is getting punished for having a crush, but I can't seem to get through a day without being put down.

"I'm trying to make it stop," Fred scoots so he's next to my butt now, I shift so I'm sitting with my knees tucked under my chin. "I talked to Angelina and she's gonna get them to stop."

"I doubt that," I scoff, "but thank you, I appreciate you stepping in."

Fred offers a small smile. I see his eyes glance down to my lips.

"Fred, stop," I lean back against my headboard.

"What?"

I rub my hands over my face, "You don't understand that kissing you is just making my crush worse, do you? I can't just kiss you and act like I don't like you. I'm not you."

Fred bites his lip, smirking. "Did you just admit you have a crush on me?"

I roll my eyes, "Don't play dumb, Freddie."

Fred's eyes look to my lips again, this time he actually leans forward, attempting to kiss me. I say attempting because I lean back again.

"Did you just choose to ignore everything I just said?" I slap his chest.

He grabs my hand before I can move it away. He lifts it up and puts it on his shoulder. He does this a lot, putting my hand where he wants it to be.

"I have a crush on you, too."

This time when he leans in, I let his lips fall onto mine. I kiss him back lightly, pulling away to look him in his face. I hope that he wasn't just saying that to get me to kiss him.

I move so that I'm flat on my back with my head on my pillow. Fred takes his position over me and melds our lips together once again. It starts off slowly, getting more heated once his tongue meets mine. My hands wander around his hair, pulling slightly at it.