Chapter 20 - Tuesday, November 19th

The Astronomy Tower itself radiates nothing but darkness and silence. If you were to sit outside of the door and listen, you may hear a stray owl, or maybe a rat running around, but other than that – silence.

That is until Fred Weasley walks through the door. Then you will hear his voice; his laughter; his foot tapping when he's trying to answer a homework question.

Fred and I have been spending a lot more time together. He finds me between classes, and after in the library. The only issues with him finding me in the library is that we're promptly "asked to leave" because Fred doesn't have a quiet bone in his body.

Tonight we're studying Rogue Planets. I know my fair share, but I had to check out a couple books from the library for us to use.

Well, we're supposed to be studying. Fred likes to use this time to ask me about my life and tell me about his.

"I've never said this out loud, not even to George, but it freaks me out knowing that in a couple months we're going to be leaving this place," Fred tells me as he stares out the window. "I've never been away from George for long. What if he finds his job far from me?"

Fred's face lacks much expression, but his eyes say a lot.

"You two are planning to open up a joke shop, no? I'm sure you two will never be far from each other," I try my best to comfort him.

"Deep down I know you're right," Fred offers a small smile, "I just have this anxiety that he won't want to do this forever. I don't know how to survive without him."

I let his last comment sink in before I decide what to say to him.

"I didn't think I would survive with my mum gone, and I'm not sure if you could call what I do surviving," I chuckle. If this is surviving then I wouldn't wish for anybody to 'survive.' "But the days go by, and somehow you just learn how to live the next day. It's not easy at all. I still wake up with my heart aching for her, but it's easier to know that you have other people to depend on rather than surviving alone."

"You're strong, Ellie Lovegood." Fred stands next to me and kisses my temple. "You're doing so much better than I would be."

The itching on my ankle from yesterday's breakdown reminds me how weak I am, but Fred doesn't need to know that.

I go back to where we were studying and sit on one of the cushions Fred took from the Gryffindor common room. "Lumos." My wand lights up and I raise it above my head. I write my name in the sky, then Fred's, then draw a flower, and eventually I get bored of drawing circles so I whisper "nox," and put the light out.

"I used to do that when I was younger," Fred smiles at me as he lowers himself onto the cushion across from me. "Ginny was scared of the ghost's in the attic, so I told her drawing images of ghosts in the sky would scare them off.

"You're sweet."

"Yeah, until one came after her because they liked the light."

"You're cruel," I smack Fred on the knee as he laughs at the memory.

We settle and I reach for the book that introduces Rogue Planets. I flip to the page explaining what they are and begin reading it. "A rogue-planet, also known as a free-floating planet, is an interstellar-"

"Will you go on a date with me?" Fred asks before I can finish my sentence.

I put the book down and look at his cheeky face. "For real?"

"Yes, for real, why else would I be asking?"

I think for a moment, "Is us going on a date too soon for you? You guys just broke up, and I don't want to start another issue."

"It is not too soon. If anything it's not soon enough," Fred takes my hand in his. "So?"

"Yes, I will," and with a wink I say, "So, the courtyard at 6 tomorrow?"

"How about Saturday at 3?" Fred asks, "We can go to Hogsmeade."

"Saturday at Hogsmeade is perfect."