Chapter 30 - Sunday, January 5

I carry my luggage across the train platform. It's finally time for us to go back to school. The last 5 days have been spent doing nothing. Nothing besides reading, smoking, and doing some schoolwork.

I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule. Not knowing if I'm gonna eat three meals a day is exhausting, and so is avoiding my father in his house. At least he let me get a ride to the station with him.

"El!" I hear Talia yell from behind me. I turn around and grin at her, hugging her back when she throws herself into my arms.

"Hi, babe," I squeeze her tightly. "Let's find a compartment before we have to share."

"Ew, let's go," Talia laughs. She grabs my hand and drags me into a middle train car. I look back to make sure Della is following us; she is. After a bit of searching, we find an empty compartment and settle in.

"Where's the boy?" I ask as we sit across from each other.

"The boys had a quidditch meeting first. They're gonna find us after they're done," Talia leans down and picks Della up, petting her to sleep on her lap.

I nod, "How was your break?"

"Merlin, listen to this," Talia breaks out into a crazy story of her break plans. The train begins moving while she talks, but she continues on until she's finished. She also tells me about her new wardrobe that she received for Christmas. "And yours?"

I shrug, "I went to the Weasley's on Christmas, and then went out with the twins on New Year's, but otherwise boring."

Talia dramatically chokes and stares at me with wide eyes, "Pardon?"

"What?"

"You went with the twins where?" Talia's lips crack into a smirk.

"Oh, you know," I check my nails to feign boredom, "A muggle club."

Talia shrieks and stands up, Della flying off of her lap with the movement. "Ellie Lovegood, if you don't give me every detail possible before those boys come back you will no longer be my best friend."

"I don't know if you can handle it," I joke back.

"Now."

"Well I went to the Weasley's for Christmas dinner. It was nice. Fred gave me a picnic blanket. Then they invited me to go out with them. I went, obviously. And Fred and I... made out a little," I look back to Talia's face to see her smiling from ear to ear.

"That was not enough detail. Start again," Talia begs me.

I'm a second from telling her that that's all she gets when the boys barge into the compartment.

"Sorry!" I laugh.

Talia glares at all of them. "Get out," she demands.

"What, why?" Nathan asks, worried from the sudden negative mood.

"Talia's kidding," I blurt out before she can tell them why she wants them to leave.

"No, I'm n-," Talia grunts at the impact of my foot kicking her shin. "Whatever."

Nathan sits down next to his girlfriend, and the twins sit down on either side of me. I haven't seen them since they walked me home from the club. Fred kissed me on my forehead, and George tried to plant one right on my mouth. Fred obviously stopped him, but he slurred something like "why can you and I can't?"

I glance over at George and smile at him, "Long time no see."

"Yeah, Fred told me I tried to kiss you. Sorry about that," George winked at me.

I chuckle and turn to Fred, "Why must you keep George and I apart?"

"Didn't know one twin wasn't enough for you," Fred responds, leaving a harsh burn on my cheeks.

I elbow him lightly, "Enough out of you."

The rest of the compartment breaks out in laughs and giggles, making me regret taking the middle seat.