Chapter 24 - Friday, December 6

The 20 minute shower that I take is spent with me sobbing as I try to wash my hair at the same time. My emotions typically bottle themselves up until they're ready to explode. They have finally exploded.

I have to collect myself pretty quickly because Talia's waiting for me to get ready for tonight's party at Gryffindor. I do not want to bump into him, but I do want to drown myself in alcohol.

"Can I wear your silver dress?" Talia asks me as soon as I exit the bathroom.

"Ran out of clothes already?" I joke, nodding my head towards her overflowing closet.

She scoffs, "No, I just really want it."

"Knock yourself out." I dry myself off and look through my closet. I decide on a short black cotton skirt and a black lacey long sleeve. I pull on some tights and boots.

"You always look goth," Talia looks at me through her mirror. "The blonde saves you."

"What if I want to look goth?" I tease. I put on my normal makeup and do my hair quickly so we can leave. I pet Della on our way out and send her off to find Crookshanks.

The typical line is formed outside of the Gryffindor common room, but we bypass it and enter. The younger Gryffindor boy that's guarding the door knows who we are at this point; we no longer need Nathan to wait outside for us.

I'm assuming Talia spotted her boyfriend, but she accompanies me to the drink table before she goes to him.

"What's tonight's poison?" I ask as I glance around the different liquors. Dragon Barrel Brandy is good, but not for the amount I want to drink. I could have gin or rum, but the full bottles of wine catch my eye.

It's no doubt elf-made wine, but it always gets me drunk. First, I throw back two shots of the red currant rum. I sip the deep red wine as a chaser and almost relax immediately. The two shots already made me warm, but the wine will hold me over.

After an hour or so, Talia is with Nathan near the Gryffindor boys, and I dance with girls from Hufflepuff. Annie, a mousy girl who used to be in the dorm next to ours, nudges me and points behind me. I turn around to see who she's pointing to and see the man I've been dreading looking at me from across the room.

I roll my eyes and turn back around; my now empty bottle in hand.

Can this man just leave me alone for one day? He keeps trying to catch up to me in the halls, and talk to me after class. All I wanted to do tonight was push Fred to the back of my mind, and he's not letting me do that.

Besides, we had a very pleasant date. I thought we were going somewhere, but after he made that comment to Angelina, I felt dumb. I didn't make HIM feel dumb.

But I can now.

I move over to my ex-boyfriend and start to dance near him. It doesn't take more than a minute for him to take the bait.

His hands rest on my waist and he whispers in my ear from behind me, "Haven't seen you in a while. Rumor has it you and Weasley are together."

"Rumor's wrong," I turn around. "I'm not with anybody."

He lifts a shot to my lips and I take it. He replaces the cup with his lips swiftly. We make-out at the outskirts of the crowd. Cormac is as handsy as ever, but they tear themselves away when both of us hear, "What the fuck, Ellie?"

I find Fred standing closer to us now, and he seems to be unhappy.

"I'm sorry," I scoff and walk closer to him, "I thought it wasn't like that? That's what you said right?"

"We all knew she was desperate, but who knew she was a desperate whore?" Alicia yells over to us. The room is loud enough to not draw attention from the people who don't know about our mini feud, but everyone who knows is paying close attention.

Cormac grabs my hand and pulls me towards him. The amount of alcohol in me is making my skin burn, and my balance falter.

"How much did you drink?" Fred questions me.

"What's it to you?" Cormac smirks at him.

The next 10 minutes are a blur, but I end up in Cormac's room half naked.

I remember pushing him off. I remember telling him Talia was waiting for me. I remember telling him I'm too drunk. I remember telling him that I want to leave.

I don't remember how he convinced me to sleep with him.