Shame, I'm Ashamed.

Maurice POV

Principal C: something something something, Prom." he said into the intercom.

My ears perked up at the sound of the word "Prom." Anything else he said before then, I missed because I was zoned out.

It was crazy because I thought I would be going to prom with Lori.

Lori use to keep me up at night, talking my head off about Prom. How she was going to do her hair, her makeup, how her dress was going to look.

She use to spend hours on it. Back then you couldn't tell me I was not going with her, thank the fucking Lord I was not.

Ace: Shit we have to ask them." he groaned as I frowned.

Me: what you doing allat for?" I questioned.

Ace: because nigga, I can't do something sweet and shit."

Ace: I barely know the "conditions" to take a girl on a date." he said as I sucked my teeth.

Me: You thinking about it too much Acenio, when you ask just make it nice. Make it creative, it ain't that hard." I shrugged.

Ace: For you it might not be lover boy. I ain't a lover boy." he snarled.

Me: You a lover boy now nigga, suck it up." I said as the dismissal bell went off.

  Gathering our bags from class, we met into the hallway with boring looks on our faces. This must've been how it felt to the girls when we got suspended for those days.

Shit was boring, not seeing them and taking them lunch. I understood why the came home with their tails tucked to be around us.

Reggie:..Where y'all niggas want to go eat?" he asked as I scoffed.

Me: Ryan's."

Dion: Can you stop nigga." he hated as I laughed.

Me: Foreal, I want to go to her house and eat some food. I ain't trying to go to lunch and come back to class." I said.

Davone: I'm with you on that one, Drew and Kinsely skipped school with them." he smirked as I smirked.

Me: she must've told you that?"

Davone: She texted me yeah, said the girls were going to have a fun day."

Dion: well shidd, I'm out." he said walking for the side door.

Splain: Hol on, hol on." he stopped us.

Splain: we have a math test Dion." he said as Dion sucked his teeth.

Dion: man, I'll come after school for makeup. I ain't that shit." he said opening the back door.

Smirking at Splain, he hesitated for a second before shrugging his shoulders and walking out to the parking lot with us.

The school was emptying as people were getting in their cars to leave campus for lunch. Climbing into my car, Davone, Ace and JJ climbed in with me.

Ace: Damn I forgot Dion drove today." he said as Marcus, Splain and Reggie climbed into his car.

Me: Reggie truck in the shop Ace." I reminded.

Ace: Nigga been having that big ass red truck since Freshmen year, I bet it is." he said as I laughed.

Pulling out first, Dion pulled out behind me as we merged onto the car line. Mrs. Clover was manning the line as she gave us a favoring eye.

Smirking at her, I rolled my window down as she approached it.