Our Demise, Our Fallout

Senia POV

Waking up next to Ryan was like deja vu.

It was early in the morning, we had school in a little bit and her alarm clock woke everyone else but her. Reaching over her, I turned it off as I sat up.

The rest of the girls in Ryan's room sat up, rubbing their eyes as it was 4:30 am.

Me: You guys up?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

Nique: sort of, my head is pounding." she whined.

China: Glad to see that Ryan is freshly sleeping though." she called out as they stared at her. She was sleeping like a baby, like she had not slept in months.

Me: we should get ready for class." I mumbled pulling our covers back.

China: you think she will want to go?"

Me:..No, but you know Maurice is going to make her."

Jania: You know he will." she mumbled. Staring back at Ryan, we slowly began to get ready for class. I was the last one of the girls to shower and get ready while Diana and China got Ryan up.

Putting on some mascara, Ryan was nudged into the bathroom to shower and get ready.

   Staring at her through the mirror, I froze as her face had no makeup on it. The faint but still very prominent black eye, busted lip and clipped eyebrow were easily spotted as she looked at me.

Shaking her curls down in her face, she covered it as I watched her get undressed and climb into the shower.

She closed her shower door, showering up as I left the bathroom. Cleaning up my station, I stuffed my overnight bag neatly and placed it by the end of her bed as she came out.

She had her towel wrapped around her as she walked into her closet.

Pulling out a pair of her spandex and a zip up hoodie, she let her towel fall to the ground.

We were all friends here, best friends at that, we had seen each other naked before so it was nothing.

It was normal for us, however seeing Ryan undressed and seeing the bruises on her back wrapping around to her stomach made us stare unintentionally.

Slipping on a sports bra, she put her zip up hoodie on before slipping her bottoms on.

Doing her usual hygiene, she came out of her closet as we all pretended like we weren't looking.

Ryan:..are you guys hungry?" she asked softly.

Me: Yeah, we can get something to eat before school." I said nicely.

Ryan: I have cereal and stuff if you want?" she offered pulling at her jacket.

Glancing at China, she looked at Ryan before smiling.

China: I haven't had cereal in a while." she cheesed.

China: You have frosted flakes?"

Ryan: yeah." she laughed.

China sold!" she enthused as she opened her room door. Grabbing our bookbags, I waited for Ryan as she grabbed her bookbag from her closet. Placing her binders in, we were the last ones down the steps.

Dion: Na get the fuck on nigga, I betted you $100." he laughed as we came down.

Maurice: Yeah but I am not giving it up nigga." he laughed back. Their laughter filled the room as the rest of the boys joined in.

Reggie: You shoulda known Reese was lying." he laughed.

Dion: I should have, nigga my bestfriend and gone do me like that."