The Blues

Senia POV

The cold crisp air made us shiver as we stood on the dimly lit field.

  Coach Sam's words were echoing into the air as smoke left lips, her words were floating around but no one was able to capture them. At least not my group, last night was a long night for us after the whole shit show with Ryan.

Getting her to finally admit that she would leave her Dad alone was hard, we literally had to come to blows just for her to understand.

As much as I did not like that she had put her hands on me, it honestly wasn't a bother.

I got a few hits in and China did as well and they were for her own good, I definitely made sure to smack her out of her delusion a few times.

Looking around the field Ryan was not here and this time it was okay. I did not expect her to be here this morning for practice or practice this afternoon. She needed the space and it was okay for her to take that.

Coach Sam: alright, let's get started." she said, snapping me out of my thoughts. My group stood up stretching as I looked around confused.

Me: Chi." I whispered.

Me: what are we doing?"

China: we are practicing for the boys first football game." she whispered as it clicked.

Me: right, right." I waved.

Coach Sam: Captains! Make sure your group can function on their own. Call the spots out." she yelled walking back and forth. I waved my group away from Lori's and Kassidy's to the open space so we could practice.

Me: do you guys remember it?" I asked.

Nique: sort of." she winced as I smiled.

Me: it's okay, I forgot a part of it to." I said as Drew laughed.

Drew: it's too early for our brains to remember anything right now." she giggled as we laughed.

Me: I think we start with a tumble." I racked my brain.

Jania: I am not a cheerleader like you, but I am pretty sure cheer chants don't start with tumbling." she sassed as I sucked my teeth. The other girls laughed as I pushed her arm, glancing over my shoulder as the field gate open.

It was Ryan.

She had her bag over her shoulder and her curls in a neat bun. She looked nervous, approaching us as Coach Sam cleared her throat.

Coach Sam: Your late." she said as Ryan turned to her.

Ryan: I-I uh-."

Me: I asked her to stop by my house and get my homework." I thought of something.

Coach Sam: Homework Senia?"'

Me: Yes ma'am." I winced. I knew she could see right through my pathetic lie, but she let it slide as she nodded Ryan over to us.

Coach Sam: get started." she ordered as Ryan nodded. Walking past Coach Sam, she slowly dropped her bag a few inches in front of us.

Rubbing her fingers together, you could tell she was very worried about how we would perceive her after yesterday's ordeal.

Ryan: I just want to say-."

I didn't even let her finish, grabbing her arm I snuffed her into a tight hug as she tensed up at first. Relaxing a few moments later she hugged me back softly.

Me: I love you too." I said in her ear. Squeezing me a little, she let me go as she turned to China. Without any shared words, China jumped into her, giving her a hug and a squeal.