My Unexpected Ally

Lori POV

Powdering my nose in the mirror, I rolled my eyes as Iyanna and Airi argued over the lip gloss.

Iyanna: that color doesn't even look good on you bitch." she snarled, snatching it back from her. I smirked as Airi backed down, grabbing her own lip gloss from her bag.

Me: You can't be serious." I taunted as Airi looked at me.

Me: Your really going to let her take it from you?" I instigated.

Airi: N-No, I am just not going to argue with her over a lip gloss." she flustered as I laughed.

Me: over your lip gloss?" I added as Airi fidgeted. She watched as Iyanna happily applied it to her lips, not caring that she basically stole Airi's gloss.

Me: I would never let that happen." I sighed going back to powdering my nose. They began to bicker again as I laughed, watching them play tug of war with her lip gloss as the bathroom door opened.

Someone in a dark hoodie stumbled in, falling to the ground as Tyla gasped.

Tyla: clumsy much." she taunted as the girls laughed.

My smirk faded as I noticed the curls inside the hoodie. She slowly looked up as her facial expression registered with me.

Tyla: Oh scratch that." she teased.

Tyla: Clumsy this morning Ryan?" she continued as Ryan's hoodie fell from her face. My mouth gaped a little at the black eye she tried to hide from us.

Iyanna: oo nice eye, did you get that from falling on your way to school again?" she towered over her.

Airi: or did that come from your mothers new boyfriend?" she teased as I watched.

Tyla: I bet it did. He probably sees how much of a nuisance you and your mother are." she laughed.

Tyla: Tell me Ryan, does he beat you or your mother first?" she grazed as Ryan looked away.

Airi: aww, you have nothing to say?"

Tyla: Of course she doesn't, I wouldn't either if my father was beating on me."

Tyla: oh wait, isn't your actual father in jail-."

Me: Tyla." I stopped.

Me: Can you get me an iced coffee from the vending machine before class." I smiled.

Tyla: but-,"

Me: Thanks." I dismissed.

She gritted her teeth a little, grabbing her bag as the rest of the girls followed behind her, stepping over Ryan who kept her head down. Walking over Ryan as well, I waited for them to leave before closing the door and locking it.

Me: you need to cover that up before you get to class." I said holding my hand out to her.

She eyed it shockingly, staring at it before grabbing it and standing up. Her hoodie fell off of her face as her black eye became very visible, I did my best to hide my reaction as I stared at it.

Looking away from it, I opened my makeup bag and looked for her color. Placing some of my make up on the counter, she stood in the mirror shyly.

Being as careful as I could, I dabbed the concealer as she winced a little. Coating her skin, the makeup began to fade under the makeup as I kept going.

Ryan:..why are you helping me?" she mumbled as I worked on her eye. Switching my eyes from hers, I felt a bit of discomfort with what I was about to say.