The New Besties

Diana POV

China: she is not going to come." she said.

Senia: she's coming." she whispered as we waited on the cheer field. Coach Sam's instructions faded in the background as we all stared at the gate.

Drew:..what are you guys staring at?" she asked as I glared at her.

Me: nothing." I hissed looking back at it.

We waited patiently, counting down the minutes on the time limit it always took Ryan to come.

..Coming down to the last minute, Senia was about to give up when the gates opened.

She came in holding her bag over her shoulder as we watched her come in. She was walking cautiously, holding her head up high as she placed her bag down and came over to our line.

Coach: Your late." Coach Sam said. Ryan did not reply to her as she folded her hands behind her back and stared in front of her.

Coach:..Tomorrow I am combing down to the last bit of the team." she said walking away from her.

Coach: I know all of you thought you were permanently on the team, but you are not." she said making China scoff.

China: then why did we go to the game?" she blurted as Coach Sam stopped.

Coach: everyone went to the away game because I wanted to see how each of you would do at an actual game."

Coach: It is one thing to coach you guys here and watch you practice. But it is another to see you in a real game, to see how you really cheer." she answered as China grew quiet.

Coach Sam: so tomorrow morning, we will not be practicing, we will be competing for permanent spots." she said.

Coach Sam: so practice now, and practice all night because tomorrow some of you will not be here." she finished. Nodding at us, Lori followed her over to the benches as we turned inward to our group.

Senia: Okay, so I should have texted you guys about this earlier but she is not kidding. Tomorrow she is actually going to cut 8 people off from the team."

Nique: well we need to get ready or something right?"

Senia: we need to do something, we are going to be competing against Kassidy and Lori's team." she said as I rolled my eyes.

Kinsely: we are competing old routines or new ones?"

Senia: well we can do the routine we did at the beginning of the year?"

Jania: Girl no, we need something new." she sassed.

Jania: Lori and Kassidy or going to bring something new, we should do the same."

Senia: then that means we are going to be up all night learning steps."

China: then we are going to be up all night learning steps." she smiled.

China: we worked too hard to get on this damn team and I actually enjoyed the away game so I'll be damned if I get my spot taken." she sassed.

Drew: I am with you on that." she said.

Senia: alright so, I guess after school we can go to my house and make the routine?"

Nique: oo we can have a sleepover." she cooed.

Nique: we have not had that in a while." she said as Senia perked up.

Senia: Drew and Kinsely would you guys like to come?"

Drew: sure, just put your address in the group chat we will come."

Kinsely: we can spend the night right?"