The First Day Of Senior Year..

Ryan POV

Me: Later mom!" I called as I left the through Mr. James's door. I heard her calling after me as I slung my bookbag over my shoulder and ran down the steps. I disappeared around the corner, hiding behind it as I watched her swing open the door.

She looked around for me sighing deeply as Mr. James put a caring hand over her shoulder and pulled her back inside.

The sound of the door closing relieved me as I walked over to the other side fo the street. Stuffing my hands in my pocket, I waited for the bus.

...School started back today, the first day of Senior Year.

My phone buzzed with the girls group chat going off about it. Peering down at my phone, I watched as my lock screen flooded with a bunch of silly emojis and happy smiles.

It was nonstop as I slowly put my phone in my pocket. I was supposed to be excited for senior year. The last year of school before graduating and being able to get out of this city should have me giddy right now.

The first day should have me happy along with my friends, texting and planning outfits out together to wear with one another when we walked in. Texting to figure out if we would be in the same classes as each other, all of that was suppose to be happening for me right now.

But as the bus came, I hopped on and went in the opposite direction from school.

Walking to the back of the bus, I plopped down as our friend group chat went off. I knew it was the big group chat because I had different vibrations for both. Pulling it out of my pocket, I read the messages the boys were sending.

Dion 🏄🏾‍♀️: we going to breakfast or not ladies?" he texted.

Seniabenia💚: maybe, we might be running a bit late." she replied.

JJ😂: Y'all always running late." he sent. China replied with the middle finger as his reply made me icy.

Maurice🫶🏽: I'm gone be late today. Got some shit to do." he text read.

Closing my phone after his message, I looked out the window as I felt my face get tight.

It had been a month since me and Maurice broke up.

Our fight on the side of the road last few words we had said to each other. I walked back home that night and never looked back. Going to his house to talk, seeing him cry like that in the mirror..

When Senia shut the door in my face, I had truly given up on us. We hadn't talked or seen each other since.

With me living with my Mom and Mr. James now, it made it easier to not see him. I was no longer his neighbor and we were not forced to be around each other.

I kinda lost touch with everyone after that day, life had come full swing for me and I was not able to keep up with their carefree lives. My phone buzzed again, making me look down for the last time.

Seniabenia💚:..Your coming right?" her text read. I left her on read as I turned my phone off.

The bus came to my stop, squeaking the tires as I let the people in front of me climb out first. Stepping off the bus, the familiar road caught my attention as I threw my hoodie over my head.

I kept my head down as the rain poured down on me, the sound of him pushing his car engine louder sped past me as the puddle he drove over almost soaked me.

I jumped out of the way, cursing as I spilt my head to look at him.

His car sped off down the road and towards school, not knowing that it was me he drove past. Turning back to the other way, my eyes landed on my old house...