"Big Mouth Lo"

Maurice POV

I waited angrily outside my car. Looking in the direction Ryan walks from.

  Yesterday, after our blow up she said something's that angered me to my core. We were there for her, I was there for her she lied and hid away and pushed me away.

She pushed us away and that was why she was left behind, we didn't intentionally do it. She did and the fact that she blamed us, I was ready to cuss her clean out when she got here.

  But like always, we waited for her and she never came until the last minute. Sneaking through the crowd with her hoodie over her head and sweats on.

She slipped into the doors as I snatched my bookbag and ran down to catch her. Our friends followed me, running down from the parking lot as Ryan disappeared for a second.

  Cursing myself I thought I missed her until I saw her and Lori go into the bathroom. Senia slowed down behind me as she saw them too, going into the bathroom and coming out a few moments later.

Jania: We aren't her friends but Lori is? get the fuck out of here.." she hissed as we watched Lori attend to Ryan.

The way they were talking up close and personal with one another, I watched as Lori handed Ryan something in her hand. She stuffed it in her pocket before nodding and slipping away again.

Grinding my teeth together, the late bell rang as Mrs. Clover came out into the hallway.

Mrs. C: I hope I did not catch you guys in a attempt to skip class." she teased as Ace put on a smile.

Ace: you could never catch us doing that." he teased back as she sucked her teeth. Waving us in, her smile faded as Ryan appeared next to us.

Mrs. C: Ryan, are you joining us today?" she eased.

Ryan: No." she snapped.

Ryan: I am just here to get put on the roll then I am leaving." she snarled as we looked at her.

Mrs. C: Ryan, that is not how it works.." she worried.

Ryan: why not, you see me right?"

Senia: Ryan.." she urged as Ryan glared at her.

Mrs. C: I see you yes, but you have to be in the class for me to count you as present." she said. Sucking her teeth, she shook her head as I centered my eyes to the corner of her lip. It was busted, swollen under some poorly done make up.

Mrs. C: Ryan, is there something going on?" she said, trying to level with her.

Mrs. C: I can ask this infront of your friends, I am not use to you being like this.." she silenced.

  Ryan struggled with her answer, wanting to break down her arrogant wall while also wanting to keep it because it was the only thing keeping us away from her.

Her glistening eyes sparkled over before she snapped out of it, gritting her teeth as that dark demeanor took over her again..

Ryan: Count me in or count me out. I don't care." she growled.

Ryan: I got somewhere to be.." she mumbled turning on her heel.

Mrs. C: Ryan??" she called as Ryan ignored her. Just like that, Ryan was gone. Down the hall as the sound of the side door slammed shut behind her.

Looking at Mrs. C, the look of worry was the feeling we had in our hearts. Shit did not feel right and the only person who seemed to know Ryan now, was Lori.

Mrs. C:..come sit, I need to submit roll." she mumbled letting us in. Tucking my bookbag over my shoulder, we entered her class and took our seats.

Lori POV