Shakedown Ryan

Ryan POV

The rain poured down heavily as I jumped off the bus.

Running across the puddles in the street the thunder roared as I limped my way home. Looking up from my hoodie, the lights to Mr. James's house was on as lightning zipped through the sky.

The taste of blood hinted under my lip as the swollen part, I tried to hide.

Letting a car drive by, I tucked my head down as I crossed the street and up the stairs to Mr. James's house. Unlocking the front door, the warm heat from inside covered my body as I quietly closed the door.

Locking it shut, I was about to turn around when my hoodie was yanked off of my head.

Mom: Ryan!" she cooed as I turned. Senia was standing there, glaring at me as China stood behind me with her arms closed as she was the one who pulled my hoodie off.

Mom: I was wondering when you got home." she said.

Mom: your friends were waiting for you." she said.

Me: friends?" I mumbled.

Mom: mhm." she said happily pointing to the couch. My eyes drifted over to the couch were the boys were, Maurice's stare was the only stare staring into my very being as I gulped heavily.

Me: You didn't call me?" I mumbled as my Mom sucked her teeth.

Mom: oh honey don't be like that." she giggled. Grabbing her purse, Mr. James came from their bedroom as he buttoned his jacket.

Me: you guys are going out?"

Mom: Yeah, we were going to invite you but Senia came and said that you guys had a project due tomorrow right?" she said as I looked at Nia.

Senia: Yes Ma'am." she smiled angrily.

Senia: Ryan was supposed to come to my house the other night but I just think she forgot." she glared.

Mom: oh well it is good you remembered." she smiled. Gulping to myself, I rubbed my stomach under my hoodie as I felt the room get away from me.

Mom: alright, we will be back later tonight." she said as Mr. James came to the door.

Mom: feel free to stay as late as you guys want, just make sure your parents know where you are." she smiled.

Maurice: they do." he hissed, staring at me.

Mom: alright, love you."

China: Love you to Ma." she said. My mom kissed Senia on the cheek, hugging me tightly as I winced at the bruises she did not know she was pressing on.

Moving me out the way, Mr. James kissed my forehead before leaving the house. The door closed behind me as I heard the car starting and soon driving off.

Looking at all of my friends, we just stood like statues as they glared at me. I knew I promised to come over and work on the homework with them but my Dad asked to see me..

Me: what are you guys doing here?" I mumbled as Senia scoffed.

Senia: you were suppose to come do the homework at my house but you never showed."

Me: I was meaning to.." I mumbled.

Me: I was going to come today-."

Senia: that was two days ago Ryan." she spit.

Senia: Mrs. Clover already closed the assignments." she said.

Sighing in defeat, I had completely forgotten about the window Mrs. Clover opened for me. It was too late now, I had an average of zero and that was beyond unacceptable.